Our client is a specialist, wholesale business supplying customers in the chemical, pharmaceutical and FMCG businesses in the UK and overseas. Long established, privately owned, and profitable the current crisis has seen an increase in orders particualrly in the UK and the US.
The business has a small, capable and loyal finance team but due to this growth and a future period of leave for one of the team, the need has been identified to recruit an experienced and detailed Accounts Assistant with a focus on sales ledger and credit control on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Financial Controller this role is more involved and interesting than a typical sales ledger / credit position and needs someone who has excellent reconciliation, problem solving and communications skills. Your duties will be varied but will include:-
- Management of a high volume of monthly sales ledger invoices - produced by a bespoke ERP system and journalled into Sage 50
- Reconciliation of sales ledger invoices and statements on a weekly and monthly basis
- Monthly (& weekly) reconciliation and reporting to the company's factoring partner
- Working with the factoring company to recover old / difficult debt
- Working closely with the sales team to ensure a professional and effective approach
- Also management of the company's credit insurance agreements including credit checking and opening new accounts and flagging accounts that are old / approaching credit limits to the sales team and the FC
- Management of a small number of pro-forma customers
- Ad hoc assistance with other members of the finance team such as purchase ledger and payroll at busy times.
The successful candidate will have experience of factoring / invoice discounting; experience of credit insurance and credit checking new accounts; full knowledge of the whole sales ledger and credit control process; excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
The role offers a quarterly bonus, healthcare, life cover and 20 days holiday.
My client is looking to interview (by video or social distancing-appropriate) ASAP so please apply now.