Now Hiring at our Indianapolis Facility!
Position: Delivery Route Driver
Hours: Monday-Friday, FT, 1st Shift
Wage: Depending on Exp + Great Benefits!
Location: 3233 N Post Rd Indianapolis, IN 46226
* No CDL required
The Delivery Driver is responsible for delivering customer orders in a productive, time sensitive and customer sensitive manner on a daily basis. This position is responsible for demonstrating safety, quality, and operational expertise. This position is responsible for proficiently performing at least two delivery related activities (e.g. multiple route knowledge, demonstrated expertise in delivery process and procedures, ability to train associates in delivery functions, LEAN captain, Safety committee, etc).
1. Load, unload and secure product to ensure customers receive clean and damage free merchandise
2. Delivers product to customer locations meeting established delivery goals. Collect and track customer returns within a specified time frame.
3. Operate delivery vehicles in a safe and lawful manner. Responsible for the vehicle and its contents
4. Complete daily route and all appropriate paperwork. Communicate obstacles in Tier meeting that prohibit us from meeting our established goals.
5. Complete daily pre and post trip checklist
6. Actively seek to support implementation of and contribute ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement to the delivery processes.
7. Communicate customer feedback to sales and/or supervisory personnel. Contribute ideas and suggestions for improvement utilizing LEAN practices
8. May be assigned to participate on LEAN or Safety committees
9. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
* High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred
* Minimum2 years experience in related field
* Minimum of five years of commercial driving experience, with experience in the delivery of small packages preferred. Depending on state CDL may be required.
* Previous Office Depot experience a plus
* Previous customer service experience preferred
* Experience in the use of pallet jacks, hand trucks and forklift preferred
* Valid driver’s license
* Accident free driving record reflected during a rolling 36-month average
* Department of Transportation (DOT) qualification
* Experience using POD or tablet device in the scanning of customer products.
* Familiarity with scanner and GIS devices preferred.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, using the English language (English competency)
* Basic product knowledge
* Knowledge of operation of power/mobile equipment
* Ability to understand addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
* Geographical knowledge of the delivery service area
* Ability to read and understand a map
* Ability to up sell
* Demonstrate a commitment to Office Depot Core Values and adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures
* Ability to transport single cartons up to 75 pounds as needed
* Ability to use manual pallet jacks to transport pallets of products up to 2,500 pounds
* Ability to work in all types of weather due to various climate changes
* Repetitive lifting of paper, continuous climbing in and out of vehicle
* Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time, continuous walking including stairs
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Office Depot, Inc. (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading provider of business services and supplies, products and technology solutions through its fully integrated omni-channel platform of approximately 1,400 stores, online presence, and dedicated sales professionals and technicians to small, medium and enterprise businesses. Through its banner brands Office Depot®, OfficeMax®, CompuCom® and Grand&Toy®, the company offers its customers the tools and resources they need to focus on their passion of starting, growing and running their business.
Once upon a time, back in 1986, Office Depot OfficeMax consisted of a single store located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. The vision: a place where customers could purchase office supplies in bulk for very low prices.
Fast forward 31 years, and here we stand, a multi-billion-dollar, business leader. Instead of just one store, we’ve grown to 1,400 retail stores in North America. Instead of just a few associates, we’ve grown to over 38,000 associates across Retail, Sales and Supply Chain serving our millions of valued customers.
As we look ahead to the future, we are focused on remaining the world leader in office supplies, services and solutions. Our goal: to find new and exciting ways to help our customers take care of business. So if you’re ready to turn “business as usual” upside down, we’re ready to meet you!
Role: Delivery Route Driver
Apply for this job now.