COMPANY: PURE BUSINESS GROUP
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
SALARY: £17k per year
As a litigation assistant, you will deal with various tasks in order to ensure strict Court deadlines are met. You will communicate with members of the team, Courts, Defendants and provide advice to Customers.
You will assist Advocates/Litigators with the running of their caseloads to enhance your knowledge and provide you with a greater exposure to the various areas of Law at all levels of complexity.
You will monitor and maintain the court diary and prepare assessment bundles for use at Court Hearings.
Additional training will be provided on case management systems, case load management and a higher level of understanding of the service Pure Legal Costs provide to our customers.
Finally, further training will be provided to enable you to calculate, negotiate and liaise with the opponents and court on provisional assessment hearings.
- Providing Client care
- Chasing Defendants, Clients and other appropriate parties both written and verbally
- Communicating with other departments, Team Leaders and Managers
- Completing daily task list and ensuring case load is kept within the Service Level Agreements
- Assisting other members of the Advocacy team
- Answering the Advocacy call group and dealing with queries where possible. Directing the call appropriately where calls cannot be reasonably dealt with.
- Continue with self-development through set tasks provided by Training department and Team leaders.
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the business to assist you in your development
- Experience within a legal costs background or law graduate
- Working effectively within a team
- Managing a workload of multiple categories
- Customer service and communication skills
- Effectively prioritise workload in order to comply with the requirements of the court and SLAs
- Good computer skills
- Strong organisational skills to ensure all hearing dates are recorded in hearings diary
- Attention to detail
- Accurate and thorough data input
- Can work well within a team
- High level of literacy and able to communicate professionally with clients
Role: Litigation Assistant - Prescot Based
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Prescot, Merseyside, Merseyside
Apply for this job now.