Senior PHP Developer
Salary: £50,000-£59,000 per annum
Hours of Work: 9am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Benefits: Holiday Starts at 23 days (plus public holidays)
About the Company:
At PromoVeritas we shape and implement prize promotions for major brands such as Cadbury, Kellogg's, American Express and Pepsi. We are a team of 30+ legal, marketing, project management, data and logistics experts who manage everything from giving solid legal advice on implementing promotions worldwide, to selecting winners of prize draws, to judging entries for competitions or creating 'Willy Wonka' style instant win packs, to contacting winners and arranging their prizes - all with an emphasis on compliance, knowledge and consumer care. There is a huge amount of variety, a strong team ethos and the joy of seeing your work on supermarket shelves and websites all around the world. See our website for more information on us, our work and our clients.
Although the company is grounded in compliance and operations, a significant and growing source of revenue is our digital services and we are no looking to expand our team of developers.
You will be joining a small, agile team of developers to build on existing products and platforms, with a chance to also work on some green-field projects. You will need to be a capable, autonomous backend developer with proven experience in problem solving, infrastructure development and best practice API building. We require an individual who is capable of taking a set of requirements, planning their work from it, collaborating with other stakeholders if necessary, creating test plans for stakeholders and testing themselves to a very high level of quality.
Senior PHP Developer Requirements:
- Experience with Laravel/Lumen OR Symfony Framework (> 5 years)
- Strong knowledge of building best practice JSON REST API's, using SOLID design principles
- In-depth experience of building infrastructure in AWS (particularly ECS), as well as best practice usage of services such as S3, DynamoDB, SES, SQS, etc
- Experience building and maintaining Wordpress plugins and sites.
- Full web development life cycle experience including design, source control, unit testing, end-to-end test automation & deployment.
- Test driven development (TDD) & Behaviour driven development (BDD) experience.
- Experience of working with docker across all environments from local to production
- Familiarity with Git version control and CI/CD (Bitbucket)
- A logical mind, capable of thinking like a consumer
- Intuitive feel for what is good, what is simple and what works
- A confident communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously within a small team to short deadlines
- A feel for marketing and ability to interface with other departments and clients
- An ability to identify business needs and scope work for other developers.
- Experience with a frontend framework such as VueJS.
- HTML/CSS3/SASS practices that support responsive design, progressive enhancement, W3C and accessibility standards across both desktop and mobile web
- Proven experience of JQuery development.
If you think that you are suitable for this Senior PHP Developer role, please apply now!