We are proud to be an employer who has put team safety as our top priority as we have navigated operations during COVID-19. As we look to reopen our dining rooms, our focus is on doing so in a way that guarantees our teams continued safety and the highest take home pay possible. We offer a fun and flexible work environment and the chance to learn at one of Asheville's core and most exciting restaurants!
Chai Pani Asheville base wage for BOH Team members if $13-$14 per hour depending on experience. BOH is also part of the tip pool and we guarantee a minimum take-home pay of $17 (guaranteed through September 2021). A recent wage audit showed all BOH team members averaging $20+ (+ +) per hour.
Our restaurants have earned four James Beard nominations, a Zagat award, recipes published in Bon Appetit, Saveur, Food & Wine, write-ups in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Local Palate, The Huffington Post, Southern Living, USA Today, and on and on.
We care about food and excellence. But we care even more about our people. About our culture. About finding a way to constantly be inspired and fulfilled by what we do.
We care that that you are excited about food, want to make people happy, and want to work with people that truly care about you. The ideal candidate is persistently positive, has some experience, and understands the value of a supportive work environment and an employer who appreciates you.
If this sounds like a place you'd like to work, we're currently accepting applications for a Line Cook. PM availability is a must.
Position Summary: PM Line Cook focusing on executing food to order.
- Perform food prep for the day-to-day operations of the kitchen
- Cook food orders with efficiency and consistency
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of everything in the kitchen
- Follow company policies and procedures as described in employee handbook, including dress code, punctuality, and professional attitude
- Provide consistent, high food quality for customers
- Make clear and precise inventory orders
- Communication of specials and relevant info to line cooks and FOH
- Cleanliness and sanitation standards meet health code requirements
- Checklists MUST be completed every shift
- Communicate needs and issues
- Preserve and embrace company culture
Organization, Cleanliness & Systems:
- Check sanitizer buckets, gloves, rags and be health inspection ready
- Ensure dishes, pots, pans, utensils are stored in proper place
- Maintain cleanliness of prep room, line, walk-in, coolers, and pantry
- Keep coolers, walk-in, and pantry clean, stocked, and organized at all times
- Handle trash, recycling, and cardboard boxes at end of shift
- Provide ongoing feedback to Chef and kitchen management regarding food quality, sanitation and organization, inventory, and staff issues
- Check in with Kitchen Manager at end of each shift and participate in daily huddle
- Attend monthly All-Staff meetings
- Six month check-ins with Chef and Kitchen management
- Positive reviews and comments from Chef, other cooks, FOH, and guests regarding food quality and consistency
- Positive feedback from co-workers regarding organization, cleanliness, culture and systems
- Health Code score in the kitchen