Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Job Title: Material Handlers/Shipping and Receiving Clerks/Forklift Operators
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90058 (Vernon)
Pay rate: $18.20/hr.
Job Type: Contract-to-Direct Hire
Work schedule: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM with a half an hour lunch.
- Carry and move boxes 35-50 pounds safely to point of use destination.
- Comprehend and communicate MRS programs according to roles and responsibilities and execute daily
- objectives of Timely Replenishment
- Complete corresponding inventory transactions to ensure accurate traceability of materials (Kanban cards, scanning, ERP system transactions, move tickets)
- Demonstrated sense of urgency in ensuring production and customer needs are not impacted by delays in material flow
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift (training provided in-house). Must comprehend and perform to all department 5S objectives (will train in-house)
- Must be organized and demonstrate effective Team Work skills to support daily plan until completion.
- Must be able to support fluctuations in Hours Worked to balance the work load
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have the ability to Support all Department Objectives and have a vision towards continuous improvement.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Must pass an English and Math test with a 75% or greater test score
- Must have excellent accuracy in reading and data entry skills
- Must have impeccable attendance performance
- Proficient computer skills. (Will provide training)
- Familiar with handling Shipping and Receiving instructions.
- Must be able to perform tactfully among Cross-functional departments.
- Certified Forklift experience is desired (must have updated proof)
- Must be able to stand or walk for several hours, and repetitively lift boxes 35-50 lbs throughout the day and safely utilize all Material Handling equipment as prescribed.
- Must adhere to all safety related uniform requirements.