Symbotic is looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, solutions oriented and creative environments. Our Automation Maintenance Technician maintains our automated and robotic systems. These systems are Symbotic’s Matrix Rover system including Multiple Vertical Conveyor (MVC), Pickface builder, and Symbotic’s fleet of automated robotic vehicles (BOTs).
· Maintain systems associated with Symbotic’s Automated Storage and Retrieval System of automated robotic vehicles (Bots) and Automated Cells/ Lifts.
· Maintain continuous operation by adjusting, repairing, replacing or modifying system components.
· Troubleshoot Bot anomalies and stoppages using schematic and wiring diagrams as well as advanced test equipment such as digital Multimeter and sonic tension meters.
· Troubleshoot all non-functioning electronic, electrical, mechanical and pneumatic components & systems and quickly return them to service.
· Become the system expert of Symbotic’s Bot fleet, including repair/replacement of all mechanical, electrical or electronic subsystems onboard.
· Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment and thoroughly document all actions and repairs to include parts used and labor. Ensure quality maintenance and complete documentation via the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
· Maintain all systems and subsystems of the Symbotic Automated Storage and Retrieval System.
· Ensure rapid equipment return to service by performing thorough in-depth troubleshooting on any non-functioning or faulted system, subsystem or component.
· Keep supervisors informed of specific problems and suggested actions, including approximate time required for repairs.
· Troubleshoot equipment using computer interfaces and custom software.
· Be proficient in performing all Preventive Maintenance Inspection functions including: cleaning, lubrication, tolerance checking, current measurements, checking electrical systems.
· Perform Preventive Maintenance on all BOTs – cleaning, sensor alignment and calibration, tolerance checking, uploading firmware
· Document repairs, PMs, parts usage, and time by completing work orders in a web-based computerized maintenance data collection system.
· Responsible for cleanup of equipment and removal of replaced parts from work areas after repairs are completed.
· Ability to work independent of supervisor following maintenance procedures and manuals.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical schematics and service manuals.
· Responsible for cleanup of equipment and removal of replaced parts from work areas after repairs are completed
· Responsible for Rover recovery’s in the Symbotic Matrix select system to include working in confined environments
· Responsible for minor utility work. (Machining holes, brackets; cutting steel; aligning sensors; attaching Unistrut; etc.)
· Ability to work with limited supervision
· Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in maintenance of mechanical systems.
· Possess an Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience in electronics, automotive, automation or equivalent field.
Symbotic’s talented and diverse workforce develops a robotic solution for warehouse automation and supply chain transformation, drives results and focuses on customer satisfaction. Our modular and scalable solutions utilize existing space and high-speed robotics combined with proprietary software and technology. Since forming in 2007, Symbotic has grown to over 700 employees in North America and supports an impressive, high-profile customer base. We seek candidates who are passionate about our solution and approach problem solving with a creative mind and a commitment to excellence. If you seek a challenge and want to impact the way the world distributes product from manufacturers to store shelves, we invite you to join our team.
Role: Maintenance Technician - Overnight Shift
Location: South Brunswick Township,
Apply for this job now.