Maintains building environment and grounds by maintaining building, heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment; providing housekeeping, grounds keeping, and repair services. The Maintenance Technician will be working both Supervised and Unsupervised. The position requires but is not limited to assisting Operations with set-ups, adjustments of Machinery, answering calls to the Production Floor, repairing equipment, installing electrical, gas, water and air when needed. This includes soldering pipe, threading pipe and bending pipe for electrical installations. Additional duties are completing PM's, Work orders, minor repair on Forklifts and Pallet Jacks, Building Maintenance Repair and assisting IT when needed and any other duties necessary as required by the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager. This position is for a successful individual who will ensure uninterrupted continuity of facility, manufacturing, and support systems and processes throughout the facility.
* Support, monitor and expand Preventive/Predictive Maintenance throughout all facility systems and machinery
* Maintain system for conveying liquids and liquid waste by installing and repairing plumbing apparatuses
* Responsible for maintaining the building alarm and fire protection systems in compliance with safety
* Responsible for exterior/interior building/facility maintenance repairs
* Responsible for maintaining buildings accessibility and appearance by picking up litter, removal of ice/snow, from the walkways and parking lots, painting, mowing the lawn and cleaning surrounding landscape
* Responsible for turning on the lights in some areas for the pre-op production and ensure the water heaters are on at proper set temperatures
* Ensuring compliance with state, local and federal food safety laws including USDA, GMP's, CCP, HACCP, SSOP's and SOP's guidelines and regulations.
* Assist with the ongoing efficiencies of manufacturing and support systems throughout the facility; make recommendations to management and implement improvements as necessary
* Utilize Crescent Foods system including work orders, purchase order, inventory control, and equipment history, in performing job tasks.
* Troubleshoot and repair controls systems including network problems associated with PC's, PLC's, and various man-machine interfaces.
* Utilize an advanced skillset in troubleshooting electrical systems including power distribution, motor controls, variable speed controllers, servo controllers, and robotics.
* Utilize a thorough knowledge in troubleshooting automated packaging machinery operation.
* Utilize a thorough knowledge in troubleshooting various process equipment including pumps, valves, meters, and mixing equipment.
* Utilize a working knowledge in troubleshooting typical facility support systems including steam, hot water, compressed air, and refrigeration.
* Utilize a working knowledge in troubleshooting hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
* Safeguard maintenance operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
* Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with the planned maintenance of machineries.
* In the absence of your Maintenance Supervisor the Maintenance Technician will fill-in
* Flexibility in work schedule as required. Must be able to work extended hours and weekends.
* Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Be skilled in the areas of Electrical-both single and three Phase troubleshooting, installation and repair.
* Must be knowledgeable with packaging equipment.
* Must be knowledgeable of Pneumatics.
* Waste Treatment, Equipment Maintenance, Facilities Coordination, Surveillance Skills, Safety Management, HVAC Systems, Lifting, Time Management, Initiative, Thoroughness, Informing Others
* Must be skilled in pipefitting water and air lines
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills Excellent oral and written communication skills • Fluency in written and verbal English
* Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion Record of successfully collaborating with and influencing senior management and peers Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
* Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanor
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree Required in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering or Engineering Technology
* 5 -7 years experience in food, beverage, or consumer goods experience in a manufacturing plant.
* HVAC Certification a must
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work is performed mostly in an back office warehouse setting; refrigerated area, cooling areas hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office and logistics equipment.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
No relocation will be provided -
Established 23 year old Food Manufacturing national beef and poultry company seeks CFO for its growing company with 5 years minimum experience. SAP Business One a must.
Role: Maintenance Technician
Apply for this job now.