This is a temporary assignment with the possibility of hire.
CWI (Certified Weld Inspector) - MUST Have Active CWI Certification
Responsible for the development, implementation, and conformance of the company’s welding program to the requirements of AWS D1.1/D1.1M related to the qualification of procedures, welder performance, suppliers, and joint design of new products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and maintaining MITE’s welding program and its conformance to AWS D1.1 / D1.1M. These duties may apply to all Miller Industries facilities in the United States and Europe as well as any supplier contracted by MITE to conduct code welding.
· Revises processes based on production and material requirements
· Develops new portions of MITE’s welding program as production & customer needs evolve.
· Conduct reviews and audits of weld prints and procedures before and during production for correct joint call outs and symbols. Proposed revisions will be discussed with an appropriate representative from Engineering or Quality Assurance
· Identification of trends in the manufacturing process and verification of corrective action measures placed on new production
· Communicate with weld supervision and personnel to manage to sequence and to facilitate repairs of defective welds
· Conduct procedure and welder qualification to Clause 4 of AWS D1.1 / D1.1M as required.
· Audit weldments when required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Current Certified Welding Inspector credential from the American Welding Society (AWS). High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient with common hand tools and measuring instruments. Must be proficient in LN; MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Miller Industries Inc. (NYSE: MLR) is a publicly traded company. We produce large, medium, and small wreckers, industrial and commercial carriers, and multi-vehicle transporters. Our workforce is comprised of approximately 950 employees globally, with operations in Tennessee, Pennsylvania, England, & France. Our commitment to providing customers with innovative, high-quality solutions, along with our dedicated sales, production, engineering, and operations teams, has made us the world’s largest manufacturer of towing and recovery equipment.
Role: CWI (Certified Weld Inspector) - MUST Have Active CWI Certification
Apply for this job now.