COVID-19, Community Officer, Street Worker.
Based within the Council's Community Safety Team, this post will support the Council to monitor for compliance and enforce breaches of the Covid-19 regulations. Duties will include:
- Carrying out high visibility patrols within the borough of Barnet
- Ensuring that the public are following current government guidelines and monitoring areas within the borough for any anti-social behaviour which breaches this
- Handing out cautions, fines and warnings to anyone disobeying the current COVID-19 tiering rules in place
- Working alongside police and other services to enforce current COVID-19 laws
We are looking people who meet some of the outlined criteria below -
- Up to date working knowledge of enforcement legislation applicable to the Council's Community Safety function(s) including the Crime and Disorder Act 1998, Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005, Environmental Protection Act 1990, Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 Act and how the criminal Procedures and Investigatioins Act 1996 (including the codes of Practice) and Regulation of Investivatory Powers Act 2000
- Awareness and/or practical experience of implementing the Government's Covid 19 Legislation.
- Experience of directly related work/roles or suitable qualification in working in a multi-agency Community Safety / investigations setting.
- Understanding of the process of the collation of evidence and structure of undertaking investigations for civil proceeding and criminal prosecutions including understanding the essential requirement for note and witness statement taking and following up to ensure completion of actions.
- Understanding of Data Protection and information sharing processes and General Data Protection Regulations.
- Experience of multi-agency investigations and/or actions plans to problem solve the issues identified.
- Full Driving Licence
These roles are highly sought after , so if you wish to apply and be considered then please apply below and contact Thomas Humphreys at Spencer Clarke Group