**** Sign On Bonus ****
To qualify for the $1,000 sign on bonus meet all qualifications for the position, and successfully complete the Introductory Period.
The Maintenance Technician I will provide general maintenance to housing being rented to families. This position may also perform work to get rental unit ready during change of occupancy. As Maintenance Technician, you will be a valuable member of the maintenance team. You will be responsible for checking, troubleshooting, and making routine repairs in the following areas: air conditioning, water heaters, plumbing, painting, carpentry, and other building maintenance areas. Maintenance Technician I personnel will frequently work outdoors in all weather conditions, as well as in attics, crawl spaces and other tight spaces depending on the maintenance requirement.
- Respond to service requests regarding furnaces, air-conditioning systems, appliances, water heaters and solar collection tanks, disposals, general plumbing, carpentry, painting, and other required maintenance items, as may be required.
- Maintain equipment such as tools, gauges, snakes, drills, etc., in ready repair.
- Understand the proper use of equipment and chemicals and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Follow and adhere to an established preventive maintenance program for all heating and ventilation systems and perform the required maintenance including replacement of filters, etc.
- Assist in the make ready of vacated units including, but not limited to, painting, sanding, and varnishing, floor tile removal and replacement, ceramic tile replacement, dry wall repair, fixture repair and/or replacement, floor stripping, waxing, and polishing, window repair and/or replacement, etc., as will from time to time be required. Similar work as described above may also be required on the exterior of the home to make ready.
- Perform emergency maintenance as required including sewage back-ups, water main and/or lateral breaks (dig to expose line, repair, and replace soil as needed), fires, other types of water leaks, appliance repairs, etc.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Reliable and dependable attendance and punctuality are essential for this position.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
High school diploma (or equivalent) with training and or experience in the building maintenance trades.
Experience and Qualifications
- Have general knowledge of the maintenance trades such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
- One to three years' experience in building maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver's license and insurance.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights of up to 50 pounds regularly and above 50 pounds occasionally.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts.
- EPA certification preferred.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Will be required to be on-call for after-hours emergency maintenance on a rotating basis.
Requires a team player who pays close attention to detail and who can prioritize in a fast-moving environment. Must demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of different people in a variety of situations.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Hunt's Military Communities division is a 50-year partnership created between the Department of Defense and Hunt through the Military Housing Privatization Act. As part of the partnership, Hunt owns approximately 52,000 units spread across more than 40 military installations on Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Army installations and is the largest privatized military housing developer in the nation.
Hunt is a nationally recognized leader in the Department of Defense, Military Housing Privatization Initiative. Hunt is honored to serve those who serve us. We understand the sacrifice and commitment you and your family make every day and for that we thank you.
As the premier military housing developer, we offer unsurpassed quality and service to more than 200,000 residents in over 51,000 homes throughout the country. Hunt communities offer something for everyone. All neighborhoods are located either on, or within close proximity to your installation. In addition, residents enjoy amenities such as: 24/7 emergency maintenance, a variety of floor plans to choose from, walking and biking trails, and free activities.
Our properties boast some of the best customer service and property awards in the industry including: CEL & Associates A List and Platinum Awards, Professional Housing Managers Association Property of the Year, ENR Southwest Best Projects Award, Institute for Real Estate Management Associate of the Year and more.
Role: Maintenance Technician I - Buckley AFB Family Housing (Aurora, CO)
Apply for this job now.