HGV Class 1 Driver
fantastic national brand who specialises in removals and storage, offering a full range of professional removals and storage services for home and business.
We have opportunities for current LGV drivers and those wishing to progress to the role at our expanding centre.
HGV Class 1 Job duties-
- Lead and manage a team of motivated workers,
- ensuring the safe loading of vehicles or storage containers.
- The Move Controller will be fully conversant with and conform to all relevant Company procedures and will ensure Company instructions and standards of discipline, workmanship and safety of themselves and the workers under their direct control are maintained at all times.
- The Move Controller will be responsible for the courteous interface with customers and ensure timetables and service expectations are maintained.
- The Move Controller will take responsibility for medium commercial moves or assist the Move Team Leader in managing larger projects.
- From time to time, as directed, the Move Controller will willingly undertake the duties and responsibilities of a Team Member, but be able to demonstrate the potential and desire to develop him/herself towards the Move Team Leader role.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
· Excellent spoken English
· Literate and numerate
· HGV Class 1 licence
· CPC Certificate
· FLT license (Desirable but not essential)
· Attended Basic Practical Course and passed assessment
· Attended all Business Moving training
· High personal & professional standards
· Excellent customer service skills with a cooperative attitude
· Superior driving record
· Have necessary experience in the moving industry
· High degree of problem solving
· Willingness to work away from home for periods of time and weekends as directed
· Ability to coach and train others as required.
· Be able to brief and debrief move teams and take any necessary action
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this role please send your CV, along with a covering letter, stating your salary expectation. Candidates will only be contacted if they are invited for interview. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
we are paying £13 an hour, they will be working 5 out of 7 days from Monday to Sunday