Conduuit has a requirement for a Infrastructure Engineer for client projects in Reston, VA.
Duties and responsibilities
- Will be required to own the processes for the enhancements of applications running on heterogeneous platforms (Hardware and Operating system) from a business perspective. This includes understanding the business requirements and related documents & managing the implementation of an optimal solution from a business perspective.
- Act as primary liaison between the business units and Enterprise Infrastructure support teams to come up with a reliable, repeatable cost effective solution.
- Updating the documents and the controls as new products/enhancements are implemented.
- Respond to queries from internal and external customers. This includes both formal and informal requests.
- Manage the designing process and procedural activities related to environment implementation and needs to be part of a larger group to provide a simple, speedy and cost effective environment build solution.
- Provide feedback to all the teams involved in a timely manner
- Position requires 3-5 years of in-depth working knowledge of Solaris, AIX and Linux.
- Five years direct experience with Infrastructure support.
- Five years experience with all areas of the Systems Development Life Cycle from a business unit perspective.
- Background in managing, configuring, and maintaining infrastructure via automation and scripting using Ansible, or Puppet
- Run UNIX commands from UNIX shells, be able to operate in csh or ksh environment, review or write shell scripts and understand general shell scripting practices. Must have knowledge of programming or writing shell scripts in languages such as Korn Shell, Bourne Shell, and Perl preferred.
- Support the integration and implementation of UNIX systems and applications, and provide operational support for same.
- ENGINEERING: Work with other technical teams, gather requirements; determine, document, and propose viable solutions against these requirements. With guidance from Senior System Administrators, plan and implement these solutions in cooperation other system administrators and technical teams.
- PROBLEM RESOLUTION: Perform root cause analysis and determine cause of problems in order to develop specific solution to an issue
- Resource to assist in infrastructure builds, integration and deployment of new software and databases. Cross work stream resource.
- The candidate must possess excellent analytic and problem solving skills. Must be able to identify logical associations and trends and predict the impact or outcome of a given scenario.
- The position requires significant contact with internal customers, and external customers.
- The ability to handle multiple problems/issues at a time is paramount to the successful management of the department. Follow through on the identified issues is essential to the position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the proven ability to revise and improve the written work of others. Able to develop and deliver presentation to Senior Management is desired.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to understand and analyze complex data.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills to facilitate cross-functional teamwork in a flexible and fluid environment.
- Demonstrated ability to discover, understand, and meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Must have the ability to work under aggressive deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize as necessary
Education Requirements: Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Conduuit is revolutionizing the relationship between hiring organizations and subject-matter experts (SMEs) that provide services, or as we call a member from our pool of talent, a "Lone Eagle".
With full transparency of billable rates, a Lone Eagle retains up to 95% of what a company is paying. This means a $100/hr pay rate gets a $100/hr level SME, not a $50/hr SME with 50% of the rate being retained by Layer Cake middle-men.
Please also go to # to register and become a Lone Eagle with Conduuit today.
Role: Infrastructure Engineer
Apply for this job now.