Stone City Ironworks is a structural steel fabrication operation located in Bedford, Indiana and is seeking to add a professional project manager with knowledge of, and proven experience in structural steel fabrication and project management. The ideal candidate will have experience in structural steel fabrication, erection, project management and AISC procedures. Experience with Timberline software and AIA billings a plus. Construction Management degree a plus.
Some basic functions include:
- Demonstrate a technical proficiency in reading and interpreting construction documents
- Organize project documents and coordinate requirements with customers, architects, engineers, contractors, and internal teammates as necessary
- Complete monthly billings to cover all costs for billing period
- Review contracts for accuracy / revision
- Submit RFI's to general contractor, engineer or architect for detailing
- Issue purchase orders and subcontracts
- Review change orders for accuracy and approval or rejection
- Perform field measuring to determine material requirements for added scope items, correction of errors, or releasing material that go in existing areas
- Identify and communicate potential problems or delays and offer cost-effective solutions
- Develop and maintain strong, loyal relationships with our direct, indirect, and internal customers
- Facilitate effective communications between external customers, the project team, and internal departments
- Exemplify a "project-ownership" attitude in all aspects of the job
- Attends Quality meetings, when required.
- Attends company meetings and addresses issues pertinent to quality, scheduling and delivery issues
- Relays to QC any unusual quality issues or requirements concerning particular products or projects
- Coordinates shipments with subcontractors
- Coordinates with the purchasing department to assure proper materials in a timely fashion for projects
- Develops delivery schedules with contractors and coordinates with the erectors
- Make sure project is being executed in the correct sequence with the proper resources
- Manage and oversee project completion within hours and budget
- Manage and oversee project completion in accordance to contract
- Vigilant for changes in scope that will result in budget deviations, communicating changes to client, and managing change orders
- Review and approve monthly invoices and maintain proper payment of invoices by client
- Responsible for communicating project budget, schedule, progress, and personnel and scope changes with the client
- Comply with AISC policies and procedures as well as OSHA safety standards
Pay depends on experience. Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short term/long term disability, 401k, vacation, paid holidays.
Stone City Ironworks is a family owned organization that has been in operation since 1976. We specialize in structural and miscellaneous steel fabrication and erection of projects that range in sizes from 200 tons to over 4,000 tons. With our steel being the foundation of many schools, hospitals, warehouses, stadiums, casinos and other structures, Stone City Ironworks has left a mark on the Midwest landscape.
Role: Project Manager
Apply for this job now.