Avid4 Adventure empowers kids (2nd - 11th grade) to choose active, outdoor lifestyles. The Onsite Adventure supervisor oversees the quality of their respective disciplines and ensures that the Avid4 curriculum progressions are being followed at our Resident Camps. Activities will include archery, nature art, mountain boarding & low ropes courses.
In addition to top program quality, Activity Supervisors assist with other camp cultural components, including clubs, evening activities, etc. We want Supervisors that can:
- Live Fun
- Live Environmentally Connected
- Live Truth
- Live Smart(er)
- Live Gratitude
- Live Empowered
- Live Balanced
- Live Community
At Avid4, we embrace inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity, and we acknowledge that the outdoor/adventure education industry has been and remains a space dominated by white privilege and those from a higher socioeconomic status. We are actively working to improve diversity and inclusion both within Avid4 Adventure and in the outdoor industry! Visit our Inclusivity page to learn more about our commitment and progress
Ornight Camp Expedition Camp Expeditions Resident C
The CORE Responsibilities of an Activity Supervisor
Program Design and Implementation
- Understand existing curriculum progressions and oversee implementation of lesson plans
- Evaluate camper skill levels and teach an appropriate skill progression for each cohort
- Perform basic maintenance of program equipment and follow reporting procedures
- Document safety inspections for state licensing and American Camp Association accreditation
- Provide support with camp cultural components, such as dining hall themes, evening events, and clubs
- Provide additional supervision of campers as needed
- Staff training: Staff training begins in early June.
- Camp Dates: early June - early August. For specific dates and details on each location & program, please click here.
- Work Days: Resident camps are a 24/7 operation. The resident camp leadership team will create a schedule that provides you with one evening off/week and segments of other time off throughout the week.
- Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric, including rates and experience additives at https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation.
- This position is required to live on the property. Room and meals are provided to you as a part of your compensation.
- Minimum 18 years of age and a sincere passion for working with kids
- Wilderness First Aid and CPR
- Significant personal and/or professional experience in one of our core sports & sport-specific certifications preferred
About Avid4 Adventure
Founded in the heartland of outdoor adventure, Boulder, Colorado, Avid4 Adventure has been activating kids' outdoor genes for over 15 years through our summer camp programs. We lead campers on adventures that include climbing, biking, paddling, hiking and more! With a mission of empowering kids to choose active outdoor lifestyles, our programs are designed to launch kids into a lifetime of outdoor adventure. We believe that our environment and our people are just as important as profit and we are proud to be a Certified B Corp.
Overnight Camp Expedition Cp Expeditions Resident Camp