LOCATION: Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
Operates several types of construction equipment, such as wheel loaders, dump trucks, mixer trucks, all terrain forklift, tractor trailers, backhoe and excavators. All work to be performed in a safe and professional manner.
- Performs pre-operation and post-operation inspection of the equipment, and ensures windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean.
- Safely and productively operates equipment including excavator, compactor, bulldozer, forklift, front end loader and other equipment, using proper techniques.
- Monitors each load of waste, watching for signs of unacceptable waste, and notifies a supervisor if unacceptable waste is detected.
- Achieves maximum productivity by meeting and/or exceeding established productivity standards.
- Adheres to all safety and company standards and rules to include hard hat and safety vest use as directed. Ensures all safety rules are adhered to by co-workers and customers, and reports any safety violations to supervisor.
- Continuously monitors the equipment to ensure proper operation and minimal down time. Cleans tracks or wheels on equipment.
- Performs and documents minor service on equipment, and performs and documents a post-trip/post-use inspection of the equipment.
- Completes Equipment Condition Report and reports any necessary repairs to supervisor and/or Maintenance Shop. Completes other required forms.
- Ensures that equipment is properly cleaned, serviced and stored at the end of each shift.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE
Educational and experience preferences: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. 2-4 years experience in duties described above and/or equivalent combination of experience and technical training or apprenticeship program.Workers should be able to: Read engineering drawing; practice good safety habits; work in dusty or dirty surroundings; follow instructions and meet set standards; judge distances and slopes accurately; and make decisions based on verifiable standards. Physically, workers must be able to: Stoop, bend, and crouch; use hands, arms, legs fully; see well (either naturally or with correction); and lift up to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT EXPERIENCE
- Wheel loaders
- dump trucks
- mixer trucks
- all terrain forklift
- tractor trailers
The above document is a job description, which covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
This job description does not: (1) alter any employee's at-will employment relationship with San Juan Construction, Inc.; (2) give rise to contractual rights; or (3) give rise to an enforceable commitment. San Juan Construction, Inc. reserves the right to alter or amend this job description at any time and without prior notice to its employees.
San Juan Construction, Inc., recognized by Engineering News Record as one of the 'Top 50 Contractors Working Abroad', is a multi-disciplined construction company with an extensive resume and over 20 years experience managing commercial and government construction projects throughout the continental U.S., Hawaii, Pacific and Indian Ocean locations.
San Juan Construction, Inc.'s success depends in large measure on the talents of our employees both in the field and in the Montrose, Colorado, office. We have a number of employees who have been part of the San Juan Construction family for more than 10 years. We believe the loyalty and commitment of our employees stems from our organization's core values and the benefits derived from being a part of San Juan Construction's world-class team. We offer an excellent working environment, highly competitive wages, and excellent benefits.
San Juan Construction is an ESOP:
Throughout its Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) structure, all employees of SJC become beneficial owners. Such ownership, combined with SJC's inclusive and participatory culture, motivates employees to think and act like owners creating a strong commitment to the attainment of an ultimate and core mission: To provide the customer with successful projects while enhancing the lives of our employees and rewarding our shareholders. You are eligible to join the plan if you:
Are employed at least one year (entry date is January 1st)
Have worked at least 1,000 hours in the calendar year
Role: Heavy Equipment Operator (Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands)
Apply for this job now.