An immediate opening is available for a full-time Private Pay Specialist. Hours will be 40 hours week, 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday.
The position of Private Pay Specialist has the primary responsibility to actively research, pursue and follow-up on all outstanding private pay accounts, including institution and commercial accounts. This position is expected to prepare account for collection agency follow up when all internal efforts fail. Secondary responsibilities include responding to POA requests and attorney requests.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Good understanding of insurance terminology (coinsurance, copays, deductible, in-network, etc.) and general business practices
- Two years of healthcare experience, preferable healthcare billing and collections
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Excellent phone and customer relation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to manage task and time efficiently
- Demonstrate the ability to act as a team player in a professional and positive manner
- Bi-lingual a plus but not required
HOME CARE MEDICAL selects candidates based on their qualifications and their demonstration of our company values, Respect, Integrity, Dependability, and Excellence in their personal and professional actions. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Other benefits include paid holidays, paid time off, eligibility to participate in our 401k plan and much more. We are SMOKE-FREE campus.
Home Care Medical considers each team member a valuable asset and integral to its success. If you enjoy working with a team of dedicated personnel and are customer service focused, consider joining our winning team. We seek team members who support and are committed to the company’s mission, which is ‘to enhance the quality of life of those we serve’.
Since 1974, Home Care Medical has been committed to providing the highest quality home care products and services throughout Southeastern Wisconsin. We are proud of our ongoing accreditation with the Joint Commission and adhere to all healthcare standards. Home Care Medical is widely recognized in the community as a leader in product selection, professional services, and knowledgeable staff.
Home Care Medical supports diversity in the workplace. We recognize, affirm, and value differences. Diversity strengthens our organization with a multitude of perspectives, included, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, culture, social class, religion, age, sexual orientation, ability, and self-defined characteristics. Enhancing the diversity of our workforce is a vital part of our collective strength and success.
Role: Billing/Collection Specialist- Healthcare
Location: New Berlin,
Apply for this job now.