We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our client's Cardiac team. This opportunity would suit someone looking to take their first step within cardiac, you do not need prior cardiac experience as our client will provide training and development. but would have strong experience elsewhere such as medial.
As a Cardiac Staff Nurse, you will be responsible for providing all aspects of patient care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. You will work within the Cardiac Ward which is a fast paced specialising in angioplasties, pace makers, defibrilltors and acute cardiac/medical patients.
The ward involves Interventional Cardiology, Cardiothoracic surgery with some liver, vascular and robotics as well as cardiac/medical conditions that require continuous monitoring and treatment.
Role & Responsibilities
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating high standards of nursing care for cardiac patients.
- Working within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for the Sister in their absence.
- Acting as a clinical role model for all members of staff, driving high standards of care and assisting with coaching and development of the team.
- Contributing to research based care and other practice development initiatives.
- Recording and interpreting ECG as well as care for patients with chest drains, Epidural PCA and Femoral sheath removal.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with full NMC registration.
- Leadership/mentoring experience.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management skills and the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV and ideally with a covering letter.