OneFamily are recruiting for an Infrastructure Support Technician to join our office located in central Brighton. We are looking for someone who has advanced troubleshooting experience as well as the desire to find solutions to any issues found and the causes.
Purpose of role:
• Support and Maintain all FI’s production, test and development infrastructure and systems, providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support of servers and networking to meet SLAs including an on-site shift rota and out of hours on call rota.
• To research, design and deliver infrastructure solutions and systems as part of formal Project teams or working independently on Small Change Requests.
• To protect FI’s infrastructure, systems and data assets, adhering to Corporate Governance rules, security policies and Industry best practice.
• To ensure FI’s infrastructure and team’s processes are formally documented to agreed standards, including but not limited to maintenance of a Knowledge Base.
Skills, knowledge & experience:
Windows Server Technologies - associated Qualifications desirable
Windows Client operating systems - associated Qualifications advantageous
Admin knowledge of SQL Server - security, backups etc.
VMWare virtualisation technologies, including high availability and Zerto. VCP desirable.
SAN Management - HP 3PAR & EMC VNx preferred
Back Up applications - EMC Networker preferred.
Knowledge of several MS Server products e.g. SQL Server IIS7, SharePoint, COM+, TFS.
Knowledge/Experience of Ivanti (LANDesk) Management Suite
Knowledge of Networking (Cisco switches and ASA firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, WIFI)
Knowledge of monitoring and alerting technologies - Splunk, Netcrunch preferred.
Knowledge of McAfee Endpoint security products including ePO, DLP, ENS
Knowledge of scripting languages, specifically Powershell.
Understanding of Azure & Office365 / Exchange online
Experience of Software packaging and Deployment methods
Proven knowledge of IT Best Practices and processes in support of a production environment in a Regulated Financial Services environment.
Communications Skills - to be able to communicate effectively to colleagues with varying technical knowledge. Having the ability to explain complex technical situations in a manner appropriate to the audience. Ability to liaise with 3rd party suppliers and technical experts to troubleshoot problems on FI Systems.
To be able to estimate and plan own workloads, and to deliver to agreed timescales.
Advanced troubleshooting skills, identifying the details to lead to root cause analysis leading to issues being resolved rather than mitigated.
Ability to work under pressure to meet business critical deadlines and SLAs.
- Ability to propose new solutions and to consider financial impact of proposed.
In return we offer:
Relaxed dress code
25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
Generous bonus scheme
Excellent voluntary benefits scheme
Healthcare and life assurance
Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
Staff Introduction scheme
Reward & Recognition schemes
If we sound like a company you’d like to work for- then please get in touch and request the full job description!
Role: Infrastructure Support Technician
Location: Brighton, East Sussex, England
Apply for this job now.