Teaching Personnel are looking for a tutor to work with a disengaged Year 10 LAC pupil who is not currently accessing any education. The tuition is based in the South Nottingham area within a children's residential home.
The student has low attendance in previous two schools, some non compliance and refusal to follow instructions, but these are mostly low level behaviours such as not wearing correct uniform.
We are looking for a tutor to deliver KS4 education to this child every day from 11 - 3, in the residential home.
The student can be aggressive with professionals on occasion - only when she feels "backed into a corner" (eg; when taken into care). She Has also absconded on occasion when experiencing significant anxiety so she should not show these behaviours if the correct approach is used within the home environment.
A new school place is being applied for so this tuition will we required until a new school place has been found.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Fully Qualified Teacher
- Experienced at delivering 1:1 or small group tutoring for vulnerable pupils in KS4
- Knowledgeable and experienced tutoring KS4 curriculum (some work may be available but you will need to bring your own resources alongside this)
- Dedicated to going the extra mile for this student and committed to supporting her
- Able to produce detailed feedback forms on a weekly basis to monitor the progress and behaviour of this student
- Able to complete daily attendance records
For additional information please contact Emma on 0115 6700105 or email #removed# with a full and up to date version of your CV. You can also click Apply Now to start the registration process with us.
We have a high demand of referrals of a similar capacity so if this role doesnt't quite suit you, please still get in touch and we will be happy to discuss our other referrals with you!