Position Title: Projects Assistant
Reports to: Senior Projects Manager (SPM)
Position Summary: The Projects Assistant provides administrative and budget support to the Senior Projects Manager. He/she also provides administrative support to the CI President, when required.
Education or Certification Requirements:
· A minimum of an bachelor’s degree in business administration, political science, or non-profit administration with a concentration in international studies or a related field
· Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
· Good organizational, written, and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Foreign cultural awareness/sensitivity
· Strong Christian faith
· Budgeting experience
· Highly detail-oriented with the ability to manage large volumes of data
· Strong time management skills
· Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Experience working as part of a team
· Provides support for Senior Projects Manager, e.g., when SPM is preparing reports or briefing materials and when he/she is traveling abroad;
· Available to provide administrative support for the CI President, as the President requests
· Serve as a liaison for the Projects Department to the GIK/Shipping Department, and Marketing and Development departments;
· Maintain and manage an up to date partner contact list;
· Take notes at all meetings and provide summary to SPM for review before dissemination;
· Assist with the processing of cash grants through confirmation of receipt of payment;
· Respond to all requests for assistance from ministries not being currently funded;
· Set up quarterly departmental meetings; prepare and distribute meeting minutes;
· Assist with translations as needed;
· Assist the SPM in managing the department’s budget;
· Assist in travel planning, especially for vision/mission trips.
Cross Catholic Outreach is a 501c3 Catholic relief and development ministry that provides food, shelter, medical care, water, education, self-help programs, care for orphans, and emergency relief to the poorest of the poor in Dioceses around the world in the name of Christ.
We are a Catholic ministry that collaborates with aid partners who employ a community-oriented aid strategy and who strive to increase the self-sufficiency of the poor. For larger, more advanced partners, we provide not only financial and material resources, but also handle the vital functions of monitoring, reporting and financial accountability. They, in turn, offer that all-important grassroots connection to the community – absolutely vital to the provision of humanitarian aid. For smaller scale or less advanced partners such as needy, church-based ministries, Cross Catholic Outreach provides support through their existing programs. In this way, we can supply meaningful help where it is needed most, as they have the necessary community outreach to serve the poor.
In everything we do, we remain focused on the Lord, serving with humility, fervor, and love, and advancing Catholic evangelization. We work in partnership with church-based ministries and other faith-based organizations, creating an ideal synergy for the greatest impact.
Role: Projects Assistant
Location: Pompano Beach,
Apply for this job now.