1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant - Birmingham - Full Time - Starting after October Half Term
Are you an experienced working with children or adults with special educational needs and looking for your next position?
If so, keep reading!
Welcome back to the new academic year 2020-2021! We have inundated with referrals for SEN Teaching Assistants and 1:1 behavioural support over the last couple of weeks and we are anticipating a high volume to continue coming through past the October half term. This advert is for a temporary position however, in some cases the role may become available on a permanent basis through our temp to perm scheme. Applicants are encouraged to apply if they come from a teaching background, psychology, and sport graduates or those who have worked in a support or youth worker role... we would love to hear from you!
- Full time position
- Support SEN pupils on a 1:1 basis in the classroom
- Develop children's academic and social skills whilst encouraging growth in their emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Liaise with the SENCO/Inclusion manager to deliver relevant support to pupils
- Carry out a child's care plan (education, social, behaviour and personal)
- May involve some personal care
- £325 pay per week
The ideal candidate
- Have experience working with SEN or SEMH
- A keen interest in the wellbeing of SEN children
- Confident and resilient personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to promote positive interaction with pupils
- Ideally hold a relevant qualification - Degree or Teaching Assistant Qualification however, it is not essential.
- Will have the right to work in the UK and have a DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one
Who are teaching Personnel?
- The UK's leading Educational specialists with over 23 years' experience in the field with your own specialist consultant committed to providing you the best experience possible
- Competitive weekly pay paid directly paid through PAYE
- Flexible work to fit around your schedule
- Access to our online CPD Academy which allows you to gain qualifications and support to aid your personal and professional development
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (£50 per person)
If you are interested in this position or would like to hear about our other vacancies, register your details with us now and send through your CV and we will be in touch very soon or call Hannah directly on 0121 252 1100 for discuss the role further.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.