The staff accountant position is responsible for daily hands-on processing of customer invoices, accounts receivable and account payable. This is a highly visible role with growth opportunities in the areas of general ledger analysis, cash tracking/forecasting and collaboration to improve and streamline financial processes and procedures.
- Daily customer payment processing (Lockbox, Credit Card, ACH)
- Daily deposits
- Daily customer invoicing/monthly statements (EDI, fax, email, US Mail)
- Review new customers, establish terms
- Scrutinize and investigate account details and payment discrepancies and correct problems
- Initiate collection calls and negotiate with customers to make payment arrangements and preserve client relationships
- Maintain an accurate AR aging report
- Reconcile A/R and A/P to the General Ledger
- Enter and code A/P invoices, scan invoices
- Weekly check runs
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Perform other duties as requested by the Finance Manager
- Manage special projects as assigned
Experiences, Competencies and Education
Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting
5+ years accounting experience (manufacturing, a plus)
ERP Systems (General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, System Administration, System Implementation)
- Advanced communication skills: Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the organization. Builds effective and constructive relationships. Listens; builds appropriate rapport. Uses diplomacy and tact. Ability to explain complicated accounting regulations in a way that is understandable to someone with limited knowledge.
- Analytical: Conducts a thorough search for relevant information when approaching problems.
- Service Orientation (Commits to and enjoys providing exceptional service to internal and external customers.)
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and shift priorities quickly as required
- Ability to be resourceful and independent in solving problems
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Positive Can-Do Attitude
Solon Manufacturing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Solon Manufacturing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Founded in 1949, Solon Manufacturing Company in Chardon, OH, is the longest standing Belleville spring manufacturer in the United States. In addition, Solon engineers and manufacturers pressure switches; a product line that is used in a multitude of applications. Solon exports to over 40 countries and our products are found globally throughout various industries, yet the largest industries are in the oil and gas, electrical utility and offshore industries. Solon is proud to be headquartered in beautiful Geauga County, located approximately 30 miles east of Cleveland.
Role: Staff Accountant
Apply for this job now.