Job Title: Assistant Restaurant Manager
Location: Keswick, Cumbria
Salary: Up to £21,000 - £23,000
Are you a motivated and hard-working Hospitality professional? Are you a people person who thrives amongst people? Would you like the opportunity to work within a professional 4-star establishment? If so, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!!
Based in the stunning Lake District Valleys is this beautifully presented Hotel with a 2 AA rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant. They are recognised for the warmth of their welcome and excellent customer service who are now looking to grow their team and employ a driven and passionate Assistant Restaurant Manager.
What's on offer for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Career Development opportunities
- Staff meals whilst on duty
- Company events
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted accommodation and dining rates
- Days out discounts
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In the absence of the Restaurant Manager manage and control efficiently, the day-to-day operations
- To oversee the provision of a first-class service to guests by ensuring presentation Restaurant services, activities and facilities within the hotel are always kept at the highest standard.
- Support the Food & Beverage Manager and marketing teams with internal and external initiatives.
- Assist with rota planning, based on forecast sales and core wage budget: taking the necessary daily action to reduce or increase hours, in line with sales.
- To ensure departmental staffing levels are correct for service, ensure pre-set staff rotas are adhered to or flexed to meet business demands and authorised.
- To provide professional stock control and ordering procedures on a timely basis to ensure a correct level of resources are available, including daily standard, special functions and events. Forward planning essential.
- To provide training, both professional and in house, to ensure that all members of the team carry out their duties so that the first-class customer service levels expected in this department are constantly maintained. Train and coach on the job in a systematic and professional way to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure that all staff are knowledgeable of food menus, local produce and ingredients of all dishes to ensure knowledge of food allergies.
- To ensure that the correct Company Procedures which apply to the department specifically, and the hotel generally, are managed in terms of Health and Safety and Human Resources, that correct records are kept up to date, and that the departmental staff are managed so that employee relations issues are dealt both professionally and legally in accordance with legislative and Company policy and procedure.
- To anticipate customers' needs whenever possible to enhance the quality of service and in turn enhance the customer experience. Has a can-do attitude and go the extra mile. Meets & greets to create a memorable experience at all times and has the customer at the heart of all they do.
- Assist Restaurant Manager to ensure full compliance of all team members in Food Hygiene, Food Safety, Licensing and Health & Safety.
- Assist in the Recruitment and select effectively in line with financial budgets and company procedures
- Coach & develop the team to create a caring team who strive to take every opportunity to create a great memorable guest experience.
- To perform any other tasks requested by the Group Operations Manager, General Manager, Hotel Operations Manager or Food & Beverage Manager.
If this fantastic opportun