Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Center is seeking experienced Licensed Veterinary Technicians to fill full-time, part-time and relief positions.
Hospital hours are 6p – 12midnight M-Th and Fri 6p through Monday morning at 8a. Holiday hours vary to accommodate times when general (“day”) practices are closed.
Candidates must exhibit exceptional patient care, high-quality customer service and work well in a team environment. Reliability and punctuality are a must. Our staff is motivated, hardworking and dedicated to providing quality services in a welcoming environment. Everyone on our team is expected to have compassion and empathy, display a positive upbeat attitude and to go above and beyond to provide a positive experience for our patients and clients.
Our Technicians are responsible for triaging patients upon arrival, patient treatments, providing nursing care and monitoring of hospitalized pets. Technicians must be proficient in the following areas:
• Triage and TPR/primary patient assessment
• Laboratory sample collection and processing using in-house analyzers and microscopy
• Peripheral IV catheter placement
• Diagnostic (digital) radiology
• Induction of sedation and general anesthesia, monitoring/maintenance, and recovery
• Surgical assisting and surgical suite management
• Medical math
• Medication administration (PO, SQ, IM, IV)
• Uphold legal medical documentation in patient charts and hospital inventory logs
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to develop respectful and efficient working relationships with veterinarians, fellow technicians, and support staff
Minimum of 1-2 years as a veterinary technician in a clinical setting preferred. Mentoring available for those who are new to the field of emergency medicine. Salary commensurate with experience and skill level.
Send resume and cover letter explaining why you will be a great fit. No phone calls, please!
2115 Downer St Rd
Baldwinsville, NY 13027
Role: Licensed Veterinary Technician
Apply for this job now.