Working with Activity Specialists, Teaching Assistants will gain hands-on experience working with students in middle school after-school programs. They will assist an experienced teacher in their class, lead students in recreational and sports activities, supervise transitions (arrival, snack, dismissal, etc.) and participate in professional development sessions.
The position is part-time, from 2:30 pm or 3 pm to 6 pm, Monday through Friday, from September through June. This is a paid, hourly position. Candidates must be punctual, reliable, personable, organized, and fun!
- 2+ years of classroom experience OR currently pursuing a degree in education or a related field
- Excellent academic skills and practical experience in your subject area; professional experience a plus
- Successful previous experience working with children, preferably in an after-school program with great job references
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
For all positions, a positive attitude and a team-player mindset is a must. We are looking for hardworking, proactive, professional staff.To be considered for a position, email your resume and cover letter that covers the following questions:
- Why do you feel after school programming is important for middle school youth?
- What qualities do you think are important for a teacher?
- How do you think your experience will help support the Teaching Assistant role?
Please confirm your availability from September through June from 2:30-6:00 pm when submitting your application.
Manhattan Youth Recreation and Resources, Inc. provides the highest quality childcare and After-School programs plus academic, recreational and cultural activities for children, families and individuals who live or work in Manhattan, regardless of income. Our programs stimulate, challenge and strengthen children, teens, adults, seniors and families. Our services respond to the needs of our community. Our primary activities remain camp, after school programs and our Community Center. We also engage in a number of civic issues that impact community life in Manhattan.
Role: Part Time After School Teaching Assistant
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.