This position is responsible for developing cost estimates, development and construction schedules ranging from order-of-magnitude level to detailed working cost estimates, based on the latest available costing methodology and data, and presenting the results in a work breakdown format suitable for use by the Client, Project Manager, and project team.
- Prepare development and construction capital cost estimates based on the latest data available, as appropriate to the current phase of the project.
- Prepare production operating cost estimates based on the latest data available, as appropriate to the current phase of the project.
- Prepare development and construction schedules based on the latest data available, as appropriate to the current phase of the project.
- Assist Project Managers and project team in developing work breakdown structures
- Assist Project Managers in decisions on development and/or construction approaches or methods based on information available.
- Prepare project phase expenditure schedules.
- Participate in project economic evaluations.
- Assist in other areas required to deliver a quality product on schedule and on budget.
- Relevant training and/or certification with a project cost estimating department or organization.
- The position requires experience with preparing construction and development cost estimates.
- The position must have competence with analysis, numeration, research, and the use of spreadsheet and scheduling software (minimum requirement is proficiency in Excel, MSProject) and experience with data-base cost estimating software.
- This position must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and posses above average written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work well in a team environment is also essential for this position.