JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
Job Description Refinitiv is creating a new team based in St Louis, with a specific focus on building out and supporting Quant and Feeds solutions. We are seeking a Sr Developer to join this team who will work with technical and business partners to understand their needs and provide innovative solutions. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing, supporting cloud-native data applications as well as support and migrate existing on-prem solutions to the cloud.
The candidate should have deep technical skills, be able to quickly grasp and contribute to existing codebases and express design concepts. The key responsibilities will be the development and support of the Quantitative Analytics Cloud (QAC) product as well as support of the On Prem solution (QAD). The role is for an experienced software engineer with hands on cloud background to be part of a team working on Quant solutions across the Microsoft Azure platform. Responsibilities:
- Development and Support of key Refinitiv Quant products: QAD/QAC and related solutions.
- Engaging with product owners, architects and other specialists; Design world-class solutions to address our customer needs with focus on Quant space.
- Build and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable and secure code based on User Stories
- Work within a multi-functional agile team; develop enterprise software, adhering to company standards and established software methodology.
- Demonstrate a consistent focus on quality; ensure reliable, robust software through the creation and execution of automated tests.
- Provide technical support to operations or other development teams
- Through participation in refinement and planning sessions; work with other team members to analyse development requirements, provide design options and complexity estimates, and agree how to deliver the requirements.
- Work with remote teams across different time zones in the US, Europe and Asia.
Other Preferred Skills / Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development
- Experienced software engineer with excellent knowledge of the Microsoft development stack, in particular, MS .NET (C#) and Azure products/solutions.
- Practical experience with the following Microsoft technologies: .Net C#, SQL server and Azure offerings (Azure SQL, Azure Powershell, Managed Instance, Hyperscale, Data Factory).
- Hands-on dev experience with relational and non-relational / no-SQL database technologies
- Experience developing and deploying database applications in Azure. Backend experience with focus on data ingestions, backend database design, optimizations, etc.
- Solid technical background with understanding of programming styles, frameworks, design patterns and unit testing.
- Experience with designing and architecting solutions in Azure.
- Strong understanding of security implications, secure coding and network management for Azure solutions.
- Practical experience with agile development methodologies and tools (Scrum, JIRA etc.)
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skill for writing clean, readable code and reusable components
- Experience with Test Driven Development and / or Behaviour Driven Development
- Experience with C++ and older MS technologies.
- Experience with Pervasive SQL or Oracle SQL
- Experience with other cloud platforms (AWS or GCP)
- Experience delivering financial industry solutions.
- Development Manager
- Scrum Master and members of the Scrum Team
- Product Owner
- Technical and Application Support teams
As a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek hardworking, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Refinitiv makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us to request an accommodation. A full list of our office locations and contact information can be found at: Refinitiv Office Locations .
Be the breakthrough, activate your future and shape ours.
Role: Sr. Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Saint Louis, OK, OK
Apply for this job now.