Company: XCEL RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £20,000 - £28,000 per annum
Our client, a freight forwarder is looking for an Ocean Export Operator to join their office in Basildon.
Job duties & Responsibilities
- Communication with clients, shipping lines and overseas offices/agents
- Handling Sea Freight consignments for Imports/Exports
- High volumes of data entry on in-house IT systems
- Arranging FCL/LCL loading plans/manifests/bookings & customs processes
- Raising & passing invoices
- Dealing with warehouse operatives
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of two years’ Sea freight experience
- Attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to prioritise and organise own workload
- Must be a team player
- Have commercial awareness
- Must be flexible with their working hours
- After successfully completing six months’ service, Death in Service - three times your annual salary.
- After successfully completing one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After successfully completing one year’s service company contributions increase to 9% for the Group personal Pension Plan.
- Independent Financial Advice- Offers every employee the opportunity to have a free 30-minute annual pension and investment review meeting with an independent financial advisor.
- Holiday scheme loyalty days - statutory entitlement 20 days + public holidays, with additional loyalty days per full year worked = a maximum of 5 days.
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your immediate family members
- Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Sports, Movies and much, much more.