Experienced Agile Android Developer focusing on the creation of new world-class Sports VoD and streaming OTT platform. This is an exciting new project under a brand that will be used by millions world-wide. Based in West London.
You will be involved in the whole lifecycle of the development, from architecting the app to deployment.
You will deliver high quality software using an agile, behavioural & test-driven development process and you will follow best practices and care about the code you write.
* Passion for creating the very best apps.
* Exceptional software and analytical skills.
* 3+ years of solid native Android experience, in addition to a solid general software engineering background.
* Experience of working as part of a cross functional Agile delivery team.
* Taking an active role in planning, assisting QA's and business stakeholders with
defining and then implementing acceptance criteria.
* Embrace agile software engineering practices: BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming etc.
* To be able to demonstrate an understanding of how android work and to be able to demonstrate up to date knowledge and best practices around it.
* Design appreciation and experience working with UX/UI designers.
* Having taken substantive apps from concept through to submission and the App Store.
* Strong commitment to quality and an obsessive attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills.
* RxJava 2.
* Dagger 2.
* Android Libraries publishing Experience
* MVP/MVVM Architecture.
* Junit, Mockito etc.
* Code coverage tools, code style etc.
* Familiar with App distribution.
* Android TV experience.
* Custom UI.
* BDD, writing tests in python for Appium.
* Familiar with AWS services, e.g. Device farms.
* OTT/Video streaming experience.
* A track record of delivery, and getting things done.
* Passionate about code quality and test coverage.
* Perfectionist most of the time, Pragmatist when required.
* Great communicator, always keen to discuss your ideas on a whiteboard.
* Enjoy showing off your wares - we do regular showcases of our work.
* Have fun doing what you do, and this rubs off on the rest of the team.
Role: Agile Android Developer TDD BDD - VoD OTT Android TV ideally
Apply for this job now.