Medical Technologist (MT / MLT)
The Medical Laboratory Technician will perform urine testing, analysis, and reporting on specimens, ensuring accuracy and quality control. The Medical Laboratory Technician is responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of the laboratory and ensure accurate methods of control are performed in the testing and analysis process.
- Medical insurance; Dental insurance; Vision insurance, and Life insurance.
- 401k participation.
- Vacation accrual.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, Chemistry, Forensics, Microbiology, Biology, or related field.
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) certification or American Board of Forensic Toxicology (ABFT) certification required or to be obtained.
- Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners (LSBME) licensure required or to be obtained.
- HIPAA Certification required or to be obtained.
- OSHA Certification required or to be obtained.
- 3-5 years’ laboratory experience required; toxicology preferred.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Performs High Complexity testing using HPLC-LC/MS/MS Technology.
- Performs Moderate Complexity testing in the following departments: Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, and Urinalysis.
- The ability to confidently assess peripheral blood smears and urine microscopy.
- Prepares samples according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- The ability to understand mass spectrometry technology, calibrations, quality control, and patient results.
- The ability to confidently analyze and report results.
- Receive and process incoming specimens.
- Prepare reagents – calibrators and QC.
- Complies with all laboratory and safety policies.
- Perform quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting per operating procedures.
- Assist with inventory control and ordering.
- Assist with maintaining accreditation requirements.
- Must be able to work independently, and possess good communication and teamwork skills
- Obtain and maintain unencumbered licensure and certifications annually or as required.
- Responsible for successful completion of all continuing education units (CEUs) as well as implementation and training of information under supervision of the Laboratory Manager.
- Responsible for gathering materials and logging all QA/QC information required to maintain compliance with COLA.
- Perform urine specimen testing and analysis using detailed laboratory instrument and equipment.
- Select test methodology appropriate for the clinical use of the test results and establish acceptable levels of analytic performance and maintaining level of performance.
- Provide detailed report of results from testing and analysis for review.
- Verify quality controls for accurate and valid testing results.
- Interact with laboratory employees involved in data entry of demographics, testing, analysis, and reporting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of information.
- Identify needed training for laboratory staff and report findings to Laboratory Manager to implement improvements as needed.
- Manage standards inventory and process supply orders as applicable.
- Review and approve laboratory instruments/equipment for accuracy and perform basic troubleshooting as needed.
- Assist the company and appropriate staff during various audits and assessments of operations.
NOTE: This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities. The organization reserves the right to change this description at its discretion.
Acadian Diagnostic Laboratories LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. All individuals qualified will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
Acadian Diagnostic Laboratories mission is to deliver physicians and health care providers critical information crucial to the well-being of patients on a timely basis. Using the latest that technology has to offer, Acadian Diagnostic Laboratories generates fast, precise results physicians depend on. Our services can greatly reduce the abuse of prescribed medication by providing our physicians with accurate information documenting the patient's adherence to designated treatment programs including confirmation of non-prescribed drugs.
Acadian Diagnostic Laboratories vision is to provide fast, precise sample analysis using the latest in liquid chromatography technology. Our company's success depends on the professional relationships with physicians, investors, employees and communities who are truly involved with ADL. Our vision is to grow without losing touch as to how relationships and investments in people built ADL from the ground up. Accomplishing our vision will rely on a strong sales plan, word of mouth, the use of sales representatives, aggressive controlled growth and a network of local physicians; all of which will help aid to the success of Acadian Diagnostic for years to come.
At Acadian, our goal is to produce fast, precise results for our physicians to assure the most accurate information when managing their patients treatment. Our methods are state of the art in Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry testing combined with a no compromise quality assurance and a clearly defined compliance program. Acadian ensures every individual sample meets the highest standards in the industry. We only accept results that not only meet CLIA standards, but Acadian’s stringent quality standards as well.
Role: Medical Technologist (MT/MLT)
Location: Baton Rouge,
Apply for this job now.