St. Albans, UK
Company: RED DOOR RECRUITMENT LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000 per annum
Our client, experts in their field, are a modern and innovative legal firm. They believe firmly in developing their staff and recognising their achievements. You will be joining a warm, friendly and social team environment.
The main part of your role will involve providing support to fee earners with the day to day running of the Finance function. The role requires a team player who is prepared to cover any of the requirements of the Finance function when necessary, working with other staff within the team to ensure that all transactions are processed in a timely manner and that Solicitors Accounts Rules are followed at all times.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary: £28k-£33k depending on experience
- Hours: Monday to Friday,9am-5.15pm with hybrid working on offer
- 25 days holiday, plus Christmas ex gratia days
- 3% employer pension contribution
- Death in service worth x4 salary
- Health cash plan
- Bonus scheme
- Subsidised parking
- Entering postings daily to the accounts system and advising fee earners of cash receipts in a timely manner
- Daily bank reconciliations for the general client account and office account
- Printing client and office cheques and circulate to partners for signing
- Entering cheques to be paid in onto the accounts system daily and handing to general office for banking
- Approving bills on to the accounts system
- Preparing credit notes when authorised to do so
- Operating the RBS Bankline system to set up client payments and transmit Inter-account transfers as required
- Processing daily transfers from client to office accounts
- Dealing with staff enquiries around finance processes and procedures
- Maintaining purchase ledger, ensuring invoices are posted on as received and running a weekly payment run.
- Ad hoc payments may also be required outside of this
- Managing petty cash, distributing to employees as required and performing a month-end reconciliation
- Training new joiners on the accounts procedures in Peppermint
- Ensuring all transactions are compliant with SARs and HMRC
- Taking credit card payments over the phone
What the employer is looking for:
- At least 2 years of working as a legal cashier or in similar role
- Good knowledge of SAR
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to prioritise work
- Good time management skills and deadline driven
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer literacy in relevant software packages - Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (minimum level - intermediate)
- Knowledge of Peppermint software would be advantageous
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to cope with pressure and maintain a calm manner at all times
Red Door Recruitment is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Full details available on our website.
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.