About the Role:
As Kalmbach Feeds continues to grow, we are looking for passionate, hard-working team members that live our values and help us create new ideas, serve customers, improve our processes, build teams, and manage our growth. As Control Systems Engineer you will be part of our 3 person team to maintain and work with the plant wide manufacturing control and automation system. The system interfaces with the business MES system down to the plant floor automation controls, and provides the automations controls for the entire plant process. It's an exciting opportunity to be in a company that is growing and focused on serving customers!
- Document, design, build and support applications designed to automate internal and external processes
- Turn business requirements into functional technical processes
- Review, test and deploy new software following a Scrum framework
- Ensure coding standards and corporate policies & procedures are adhered to
- Program PLC and SCADA software to meet the technical process developed
- Perform Field testing and startup of the modified systems
- See projects through from inception to post-production support
- Provide assistance with P&ID design including instrumentation and related mechanical design
The Right Candidate:
- 5+ years experience with various Rockwell PLC platforms (PLC-5, ControlLogix, CompactLogix, SLC 500). Including Industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
- 5+ years experience with various controls hardware: 480VAC variable speed drives, various communications methods, discrete I/O control devices, analog I/O control devices, pneumatics/solenoids, actuators/positioners, instrumentation, bar code readers, etc.
- 3+ years practical experience in network infrastructure and IP-based networks, both in implementation and support.
- 5+ years experience in programming and configuration of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems and working with manufacturing system KPI's; experience with Wonderware and Ignition products is preferred.
- 3+ years experience in hardware and panel design.
- Strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Ability to work on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors.
- Demonstrated successful communication and negotiation skills in order to manage conflicting and/or multiple demands, including ability to present to various level within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical skills to identify problems; recognizes symptoms, causes, and alternate solutions and makes timely sound decisions even under risk and uncertainty.
- Demonstrated competency with fiscal control of budgets or project cost.
- Technical background in Feed Mill manufacturing facilities a bonus.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent work experience
About the Company:
Kalmbach Feeds offers the highest quality nutritional products for livestock, poultry, and companion animals. The company was founded in 1963 by Milton and Ruth Kalmbach with a vision to develop the finest products, providing customers with the best possible nutritional value. The Kalmbach family's traditional core values have served as the compass for consistent success for over five decades, and the company has become the regional leader within the animal nutrition industry. Kalmbach Feeds enjoys an excellent reputation for quality and integrity within the animal nutrition industry and is comprised of smart self-starters who are driven to serve customers. Our experienced, talented team utilizes cutting-edge technology and proprietary processes to deliver safe, innovative products. Our stringent ingredient testing, computer automated systems, patented technologies, dedicated manufacturing facilities, and in-house nutrition specialists guarantee it. Additional information regarding our exciting company can be found at https://youtu.be/UONTNdszwY4 and #removed#/ .
Kalmbach Feeds Offers:
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance plans
- Sales specific training/development program
- Competitive compensation
- On staff Life Coach
- 401K with company match
- 3 weeks paid time off in first year
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Medical Reimbursement Plan
- Access to company condo in Fort Myers, FL
Kalmbach Feeds is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely based on job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history and references, are subject to verification. Pre-employment drug screen (hair and urine), physical, and criminal background check required.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.