Your new role
As the successful candidate you will join the business to support the portfolio planning and management by creating accurate resource plans to identify the number of people, their roles and the skills required to deliver projects and programmes.
- You will design, develop, maintain, communicate and execute a robust Resource and capacity planning function and a framework which is aligned to Technology policies, processes and standards. Maintain and improve Resource planning processes, tools, templates, documents and reports.
- Collaborate to configure / maintain P&PM database and tools.
- Document and communicate changes to process, tools and templates.
- Promote the benefits of resource planning and provide advice, guidance and support to drive adoption and adherence to agreed processes and standards.
- Ensure that programmes/ projects produce robust forecasts and resource plans based on a common set of assumptions and standards.
- And collate resource demand across the portfolio and provide assurance and governance of resource plans, pipeline activity and chair resource Boards as appropriate.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have previously worked in an end to end Resourcing / Workforce Planning role within a large matrix organisation. Have proven experience in the development of plans to ensure that the organisation has appropriately skilled resources to meet organisational objectives and commitments.
Be able to demonstrate experience in effective implementation of resource planning, recruitment, selection, assessment, on-boarding and transitioning of resources
Have a good understanding and be able to provide advises on standards, methods and tools for resource management
Be an experienced user of PPM or a similar application will be highly desirable Have strong stakeholder management & influencing skills in order to be able to raise the profile of the portfolio management business
What you'll get in return
Along with a competitive day rate you will have the opportunity to reshape bring ideas to the table and raise the profile for portfolio management for the business. For the right candidate there could also be the opportunity to go permanent, so an exciting time to join the team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Role: Resource & Capability Manager (IT)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: south london,
Apply for this job now.