Facilitate day-to-day quality activities within INSCO (specifically the Niantic Seal, Inc. and D.L. Thurrott, Inc. business units). Responsibilities related to test and inspection of products, raw material, and equipment, handling of nonconforming material concerns, quality problem resolution, participation in internal quality audits (and resulting activities), and the occasional sorting of key products for determination of quality characteristics as required, in support of customer requirements. This person may interface with other internal functions, suppliers, and customers, with the goal of assuring quality of product and process, increasing customer satisfaction, and improving profitability by contributing to continual improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interprets customer and internal engineering specifications, drawings, work instructions, procedures, and/or government and international standards, and confers with management or engineering staff as required to determine quality and reliability requirements.
- Applies skills above to inspection of supplier and internally molded, stamped, and cut parts made from rubber and other materials.
- Applies mechanical knowledge to inspection of assembled equipment typically used in liquid and air handling and transfer, such as pumps, hoses, etc.
- Using prior experience with applicable measuring devices, selects products for test at specified stages from incoming product, during the production process, or at final inspection, and tests products for a variety of variable and attributive characteristics and qualities, such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, applying detail-oriented procedures, formats, and software.
- Evaluates and reports upon data to validate or indicate deviations from requirements / standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, or products to measure performance, or material characteristics.
- Performs First Article Inspections (FAI)
- Prepares outgoing customer certifications
- Generates, monitors, and closes, raw material, in-process, and final inspection NCE’s in accordance with SOP’s
- Provides input and support to internal personnel on product specification and / or customer expectations.
- Proficient with, or ability to be trained in the use and operation of CMM inspection tools.
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and drawings, and use all basic hand measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers, steel scale, part weighing scales, etc.
- Assists in the performance of internal quality audits
- Visually appraises products for various attributes such as cleanliness, damage, burrs, etc
- Strong attention to details and a desire to learn required.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School or technical school diploma or GED, and three to five years related experience and / or training. An Associate's degree or equivalent in a technical discipline is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of ISO-9001:2015. Knowledge and experience working within an aerospace products environment and applying related standards and practices such as AS9100 / AS9102, FAI, ITAR, etc highly desirable.
- Experience with steel rule die and/or CNC stamping preferred.
- A basic understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic principals, pumps, hose materials, and related equipment a definite plus.
- Literate with Microsoft software required (WORD, Excel), and ability to quickly learn, and effectively apply, custom software applications such as Lotus Notes, SX.enterprise, Job Pack, etc.
- Ability to work with all basic mathematical concepts. Ability to apply knowledge such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations and everyday activities. Advanced skills such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry highly desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certifications from ASQ or other related professional organizations are highly desirable.
Founded in 1941, INSCO is the parent company for two specialized distribution companies engaged in the distribution of technical engineered products, systems, and fabricated parts.
Our Niantic Seal division sells gaskets and O-rings, in addition to providing custom die-cut, fabrication and assembly services. D.L. Thurrott Inc. division sells industrial, sanitary and municipal pumps, air compressors, dryers, and blowers. We also design, custom skid packages, and sell after-market parts and service to our customers.
See our websites for additional information on our company, products and services:
Role: Quality Technician
Apply for this job now.