Company: UNITED HEALTH SYSTEMS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Occupational Therapist (OT)
Location: Visalia/Tulare, CA
Duration: 13-week assignmentPosition Information :
Occupational Therapist - OT
- The Occupational Therapist facilitates the development and rehabilitation of physically disabled persons, maximizing the functional status of the hospitalized patient. Responsibilities are to evaluate, plan, implement, and modify age-appropriate treatment programs, participates in discharge planning, performs administrative duties, participates in PI, pursues professional growth, and performs other duties as assigned.
to improve the lives of the people we serve through compassion and innovation in healthcare.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES :
- For patients who plan to return to work, the occupational therapist may perform work capacity evaluation and may refer to specialized vocational training in accordance with Organization policy.
- Develops a treatment program and establishes goals for improved function. Communicates plan of care to referring physician and other Organization professionals.
- May teach new skills or retrain patient in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with Organization policy.
- May fabricate splints and instruct patient in the use of various types of adaptive equipment to improve function.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic and/or orthotic devices.
- Instructs patient's family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in patient's treatment regime when indicated and appropriate.
- Supervises Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.
- Participates in discharge planning for the patient.
- Specialty certification from AOTA.
- A bachelor's degree in occupational therapy from a university certified by the ACOTE (Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education) or AOTA (American -Occupational Therapy Association).
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an Occupational Therapist (SNF and Optima experience is preferred).
- Ability to assess patient condition and work with treatment plans.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Pediatric occupational therapist with a wide skill set Acute care skills
- Treat a variety of diagnosis