Our client is a food ingredient supplier in the Northern NJ area. We are looking to hire a confident and capable food scientist with 3 to 10 years of product development applications experience working with food and beverage products. Must have a technical degree in Food Science, Chemistry or similar.
This position is primarily responsible for: performing and directing technical aspects of ingredient applications into finished products, creating prototype formulations, and building technical credibility with external customers through project interaction.
· The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining the ability to redirect efforts based upon shifting demands.
· Ability to collaborate and network with business colleagues to build constructive, proactive working relationships across the organization.
· Possess analytical skills to discern/diagnose trends and issues and use past historical references as a guide.
· Must be able to communicate (verbal and written) those technical aspects pertaining to the Market in understandable terms for customers (internal and external) to firmly grasp
· Ability to proficiently and accurately calculate figures, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, frequency distribution, analysis variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, area, circumference and volume (including algebra and geometry)
· Ability to accurately perform routine data entry in a proficient manner, and data management auditing and review.
· Ability to work within teams in both leadership and supportive roles (project dependent)
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and provide direction to technicians.
We will pay a generous salary, along with annual bonus, full benefit package, and relocation assistance for the right candidate.
If you are interested and you qualify for this position, please apply today!
Our client is a food ingredient manufacturer
Role: Food Scientist, Applications & Product Development
Apply for this job now.