We are seeking a Process Engineer to join our team! The Process Engineer will be responsible for engineering complete manufacturing process for mechanical parts and light assemblies. (Core Process, CNC Machining, CAM)Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives and reviews engineering documents. (drawings, CAD-models, specifications, etc.)
- Reviews changed / revised engineering documentation for manufacturability and engineering changes for impact to fixture and process
- Creates design (CAD drawings) for fixtures, other parts related devices, work- stations i.e. for assembly, etc.
- Creates CAM Programs & Process Documentation (setup sheets, tool list, process info etc)
- Supports startup of new projects, coordinates & supports other departments and team members
- Provides technical assistance to design companies. Defines scope of tasks and reviews work result for buy-off
- Communicates and clarifies technical issues internal and external
- Interprets specifications & supports other departments. (ie: Specs / requirements for sub-contractors)
- Supports customer on-site visits through engineering expertise and project involvement
- Measures & improves processes for efficiency & effectiveness
- Plans and manages project tasks. (overviews, scheduling, costs, internal alignment with related teams and external with customer / sub-contractors)
- Drafts complete process flow of new projects / components including estimated process times
- Identify & Document potential process risk and countermeasures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Aerospace)
- 5 Years of work experience in manufacturing of components made by CNC Machines
- 5 Years of work experience in programing and processing complex parts on multi-axis modern CNC Machines
- I.e. Aerospace parts, special alloys, close tolerances <0.0003”, Complex GD&T
- 5 Axis Machines and Mill Turn Machines completing 6 sided parts
- Project experience not limited to setting up sub-contractors & secondary processes
- Special process such as CBN grinding, automation, gear cutting, blade machining
- OR Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical drawings and contractual documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers both internal and external
- Ability to write in a grammatically correct, syntactically appropriate, and professional manner
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, customers, and other Team Members
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Visio)
- Proficient in CAM software, preferably Siemens NX
- Proficient in CAD software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift parts weighing up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ARCH Global Precision is an Equal Opportunity Employee and wholeheartedly supports diversity in the workplace as a basic premise for business success. All employees of ARCH Global Precision are employed on an at-will basis.This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.Role: CNC Programmer Job Type: Location: Cottondale, Apply for this job now.