SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY
This individual will report to the Director of Operations with dotted line responsibility to our COO. The individual will head up a team to ensure quality management and elimination of defects through training and use of Six Sigma tools. The individual will be skilled in the PPAP process, vendor certification and will be able to demonstrate year to year improvement in PPM performance and provide Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action in support of Zero Defects. The individual must be versed in ISO 9000 and TS16949.
A Tier 1 supplier to the Truck and Bus industry is seeking a team oriented Senior Quality Manager to lead our customer-centric quality objectives. This includes monitoring and controlling internal and external quality metrics and demonstration of a key skill set that includes coaching, effective problem solving techniques, timely complaint resolution and metric reporting. This individual will provide quality analysis to the senior management team.
- Professionalism in dealing with customers and vendors at all levels of an organization.
- Strong personality to help oversee a culture change in quality management.
- Experience with automotive core tools including FEMA, PPAPA, PFMEA, SPC, SREA, etc.
- Development and monitoring of all in-house metrics.
- Knowledge of Engineering drawings and understand of the SREA process.
- Oversee testing to ensure product quality and compliance with customer standards and requirements.
- Manage DOD approvals and regulatory requirements.
- Committed to a hands on approach to problem solving and teaching techniques.
- A focus on Continuous Improvement in all phases of the operation.
- Provide detailed analysis and recommendation to drive reduction in warranty expenses.
- Provide coaching and training on systems and tools needed for problem resolution including but not limited to 5-whys, 8D, and root cause analysis.
- Four year degree
- Minimum of 5+ years of quality leadership in an ISO or TS environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Rosco Vision Systems, based in Queens, New York, is one of North America's leading suppliers of vehicle camera systems and mobile electronics, including backup cameras, video recording, and driver behavior monitoring systems. Rosco also supplies worldwide commercial vehicles fleets with mirrors, visors, and other visual safety solutions. Our engineers develop and support exciting new products -Drive Recorders, Vehicle Security and Safety Cameras, Telematics, and other products for OEM and major fleets.
Role: Senior Quality Control Manager
Apply for this job now.