Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Ski and Ride School Children’s Programs Supervisor is responsible for creating a welcoming impression by leading the resort priorities and modeling our company’s values. This is achieved through the focus on quality control, guest and employee relations, staff performance and development, financial responsibility, communication, teamwork and administrative duties. He or she will supervise operations of the 3-6 year old programs, indoor and outdoor facilities/ teaching areas and will oversee daily staffing and lesson assignments. This position will work with the Director, Senior Manager, Managers and Administrative Assistants as well as all other resort departments to ensure efficient management of the department and that all stakeholder needs are consistently met.
- Utilize available resources to monitor and maintain the quality of the teaching standards of our Instructors.
- Manage staffing levels to daily guest reservations and labor margins.
- Monitor and review employee performance with other supervisors and individual instructors on a regular basis.
- Work with the Senior Manager and Managers to support and achieve Guest Experience targets for the success of the overall Ski & Ride School.
- Resolve guest complaints by utilizing guest service guidelines and accommodate special requests when appropriate.
- Understand, lead and model safety standards within the department.
- Ensure Instructors are knowledgeable about our product lines, company policies and procedures, and work schedules.
- Establish and review mutual seasonal goals and performance objectives with each instructor, providing feedback and coaching.
- Communicate effectively with leadership, peers and other departments to create an environment of support and trust that will benefit staff and guests.
- Understand, lead and model the Company’s mission, vision and values.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year working in a Ski & Snowboard School
- PSIA/AASI Level 1 certification
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Fluent in all aspects of the English language
- Excellent communication and guest service skills
- Familiar with proper techniques regarding the lifting and handling of children
- Advanced to expert level skiing/ snowboarding skills
- Must be able to work in a high alpine environment
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends
- Offers may be contingent upon a post offer background check and reference checks
- PSIA/AASI Level 2 or 3 certification
- RPOS experience
- College degree/ experience in a relevant field
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience
Stowe Mountain Resort is widely revered as the Ski Capital of the East. Located on Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a renowned world-class, family-friendly destination, offering year-round amenities from skiing to rock climbing and zip-lining. Travelers are drawn from across the globe to this dynamic mountain and the legendary community of this passionate, quintessential New England ski town. Come join the Stowe Mountain team where you’ll instantly feel at home. #removed#
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 176291