Company: STRATOSPHEREC LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
C# .NET Developer - up to £40K plus excellent bens - Ethical Nationwide Company - FULLY REMOTE (anywhere in the UK) or hybrid (Worthing, West Sussex) option
We currently have a wonderful opportunity for an ambitious .NET Developer who loves to code but who also wants to work for a highly ethical company using their technical know-how to genuinely make a difference to society! This is an exciting opportunity for a mid-level developer with 2/3 plus years commercial experience ideally in C#, .NET, (ideally .NET Core) and with good SQL to join this nationwide company’s talented and collaborative development team who have worked for many years with local communities throughout the UK significantly improving the opportunities and life chances for young people. This exciting .NET developer opportunity can be worked as an office-based role from the client’s offices near Worthing West Sussex, or it can be done FULLY REMOTELY from anywhere in the UK. You will work alongside a very talented collaborative and exceedingly well supported development team on designing, specifying and building browser-based software and backend solutions which integrate with or complement the company's business system applications. This will also include a mixture of greenfield development as well as refactoring and maintaining existing software solutions - from small-scale logic apps to larger-scale strategic web-based applications in line with the company’s ever evolving technology stack which is built around C#, .NET, .NET Core and SQL.
To apply, you should have exposure to Microsoft SQL Server, Entity framework, C#, ASP.Net, Windows Forms (or similar) and possibly Azure (although this is not essential).
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong experience in C#, .NET, and .NET Core
- Experience of using Microsoft Azure to build and deploy web applications would be desirable but is not essential
- An understanding of using version control (e.g.GIT), and appropriate branching strategies for team projects
- Strong experience with MS SQL
- An understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies is desirable but not essential
DESIRABLE SKILLS (but not essential)
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Microsoft Azure Logic Apps
- ASP.NET MVC
- HTML and CSS development skills
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools.
- Experience with test-driven development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engaging with business stakeholders, functions, and the wider Technology team to understand business requirements and design solutions which, in turn help to improve performance, efficiency, or quality.
- Designing, specifying, and building databases and reporting solutions using SQL or Business Intelligence tools and techniques.
- Producing accurate estimates for change requests and project deliverables.
- Participating in Daily Stand ups and other Scrum ceremonies as required.
- Writing solid, scalable, maintainable, and testable code.
- Striving for improvements in application performance, ease, and efficiency of use and suggesting changes which will help meet this objective.
- Defining test requirements, writing test scripts, and carrying out testing alongside changes and updates to in-house developed applications, reporting solutions or integrations.
- Providing 3rd line support to the Service Desk when sometimes necessary.
If this role looks to be of interest then please get in touch with your CV as soon as possible with a copy of your CV and/or some code details, along with details of your interview availability and notice period for a confidential conversation regarding this exciting new role.
This developer role is offering a starting salary between 30K and 40K, depending on experience, as well as an excellent benefits package along with huge scope for professional development and career progression.