*Something Special* Facilities Manager Contracts Manager Opportunity - North West / Lancashire
I’m recruiting for a Facilities Management Contracts Manager to join this reputable construction company with their own in house Engineering Services division
They are going through an exciting period of organic growth and off the back of another successful and profitable year are looking to recruit a Contracts Manger to join a friendly and close knit team, working on local projects in the North West.
The Engineering Services team design, supply, install, test, commission and maintain plumbing, electrical, mechanical and public health services, delivering bespoke and cost effective solutions, as well as providing planned and reactive maintenance services.
They also work across a mix of building sectors.
What Makes It Great?
-Very Local projects long term.
-Professional and friendly team environment.
-Personable employer, you’re a name not a number.
-Exciting times ahead and plenty of opportunity for career progression
To have overall responsibility for multiple engineering services projects, reporting on a regular and routine basis to the Head of Operations/Director of Engineering Services. Manage engineering services teams in delivering a consistent service to time, safety, quality and cost, ensuring client’s expectations are met in full and contract performance targets realised
-Ensure all works are carried out in accordance to the required standards and the Company’s policies and procedures
- Support Head of Operations/Director of Engineering Services in delivering Business Plan
- Regularly visit sites at least once per week or as the site requirements dictate
-Ensure production of accurate reports
- Liaise with Aftercare Department throughout defects liability period to ROD certificate
Health & Safety
-Reinforce the aims of SHEQ Department ensuring best practice is consistently adopted
- Develop the Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan, ensure that it is being maintained, complied with throughout the contract period and produce specific RAMS for each project
-Assist H&S department compiling O&M manuals
-Input into improving H&S management practices
- Analyse trends and liaise directly with teams and line managers
- Carry out safety audits to measure and monitor compliance
-Ensure that health, safety and environmental standards are established, measured and maintained for all contracts in line with company policy and procedures, legislation and regulations
- Liaise with clients to ensure their interests are being fulfilled and build key relationships
- Ensure that acceptable quality standards are established, measured and maintained for each contract in line with client and Company requirements
- Oversee all operating processes to ensure that the most efficient and effective use is made of resources in line with budget costs
-Provide support and advice to Site Managers and discuss future potential problems or issues that may arise
-Direct the site team to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained to carry out their responsibilities to the required standards
-Produce all necessary internal and external reports and ensure all operations are being carried out in line with standard company policy and procedures
- Coordinate the full installation process, on-site and post construction activities throughout the contract to ensure the successful completion
-Have a good contractual awareness of the varying forms of construction contracts
-Maintain and control financial aspects of a project and assist in the delivery of the Business Unit’s profit plan in line with the Company’s requirements
-Consider tender prelim against actual requirements and evaluate and monitor the expenditure monthly with the site team
- Continually carry out value engineering exercises and promote best practice within the company
To be considered for this Facilities Management Contracts Manager role you must meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of Building Sector.
- Previous employment as a Contracts Manager, Operations Manager, Facilities Manager, Maintenance Manager or Project Manager
- Previous experience in private building sector projects such as Housing, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Mixed Use, Apartment Blocks, Student Accommodation, Hotels, Extra Care Housing or Industrial.
-Facilities Management background
-Experience in contracts management
-Commercially astute with experience in managing multiple projects concurrently
-Demonstrated ability to work within project timelines and meet them
-Up to date relevant knowledge of legislation
-Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
Location: Lancashire / North West
The successful Facilities Manager Contracts Manager will receive:
*£43,000 - £50,000 Basic (Dependent on experience)
*Car / Allowance
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency.
Role: Facilities Manager Contracts Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Manchester, North West
Apply for this job now.