Responsible for setting up and operating a manual screen printing station according to written and/or verbal instructions, established company procedures, safety, and quality guidelines. Capable of solving printing problems, and making print adjustments to maintain print quality, registration, color, and production speed. Has good understanding of inks, solvents, and can print line, halftone, and four-color copy on a variety of substrates by performing the following duties personally or through assistant personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Receives production order and job assignments from supervisor. Reads order to verify quantity to be run, overrun tolerance, color sequence, and substrate.
· Obtains substrate, screen, ink, squeegee, and related supplies needed to produce job.
· Sets up press according to established company guidelines, safety, and job requirements.
· Prints proof sheets to check press setup, registration, ink viscosity and color.
· Secures supervisors approval for production run.
· Adjusts drying rack or sets dryer for proper drying or curing.
· Prints job maintaining optimum production speed and makes press adjustments to maintain print quality, registration, and color.
· Solves printing problems.
· Prints line and halftone copy on a variety of substrates.
· Completes production run including overruns and production samples.
· Completes production records.
· Ensures proper cleanliness of press, work station, and immediate press area by returning unused ink to ink room, removing trash, rags, and extra press sheets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Role: Manual Press Operator
Apply for this job now.