This is a permanent part time position based in our Leicester, Putney Road store.
Our Auto Technicians deliver hands on solutions to our customers as well as being experienced at giving great customer service, ensuring we wow every Halfords customer. You’ll already have a confidence around and a passion for all things motoring, and we’ll train you in the rest, giving you what you need to deliver a wide range of expert vehicle fitting services across car parts and technology. This work is carried out in our car park to the highest quality standards, and your expertise at practical problem solving and working quickly and efficiently will ensure our customers never want to shop elsewhere!
This role is critical in delivering a great customer experience. Once you’ve honed your new skills, you will also oversee the training of other members of the team. Ideally, you already have experience in a retail or automotive/mechanic environment, but if you can demonstrate some practical skills and experience of tailoring your approach in a customer focused environment, we can help you with the rest.
We look after our colleagues as well as we look after our customers so whether you have ambitions to progress on to a management role in our shops, or elsewhere across the Group of Halfords companies, we will help you to fulfil your potential.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience of car parts fitting, including completing basic car maintenance such as bulbs, blades, batteries,
- A track record of achieving results
- Experience of sharing expertise with others
- Experience of planning and prioritising
- Experience of delivering great customer service ideally in a retail sales or automotive based environment
- Experience of giving customers the right solution for their needs
- An interest in our range of products and services
- The ability to communicate with all types of customers and colleagues
- The ability to understand customer needs
- A proactive approach to helping customers
- Problem solving skills
- Availability to work on a rota basis, including weekends
As well as holiday and contributory pension, you can expect to enjoy:
- Colleague discount of up to 25% across the Group
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Fantastic deals across a range of other retailers, travel providers, and more
- Employee Assistance Programme offering advice and support
- Trade Price Bike Scheme
- Option to join our Share Save and Cycle2Work schemes
Join the UK and Ireland’s leading retailer of automotive and cycling products and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.