Legal Assistant (Santa Monica, CA)
An established law firm headquartered in Santa Monica has an immediate opening for a motivated Legal Assistant with at least five years of experience who does well in a fast-paced environment. Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
(1) Transcribing dictation, preparing documents (including correspondence, memos, court forms and pleadings), preparing court filings and arranging and monitoring court filings and service of process;
(2) Legal calendaring;
(3) Coordinating depositions, hearings, trials and meetings as needed;
(4) Interacting with court personnel (both State and Federal) throughout California;
(5) Communicating with clients and other attorneys or their staff as requested;
(6) Generally assisting three attorneys in all areas of their diverse practices.
Candidates must have: (1) at least five years of relevant experience as a legal assistant, with experience in civil/real estate litigation, and bankruptcy preferred; (2) proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook; (knowledge of Essential Forms, Worldox, Big Hand and/or PowerPoint a plus); (3) effective communication and sound judgment skills; (4) knowledge of State and Federal court procedures and experience e-filing documents with the courts; (5) outstanding interpersonal skills; (6) excellent organizational, time management and project management skills with an ability to learn and adapt to existing procedures; and (7) ability to keep confidential any information, observations, or viewpoints regarding business of the firm and its clients.
Compensation: commensurate with experience.
Please submit resumes and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The firm is not accepting resumes or referrals from agencies. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if the firm hires the candidate.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
As a full-service corporate, business and litigation law firm, Pahl & McCay provides legal services to its clients in California and throughout the United States. We combine dedication to client service with a philosophy of developing close, supportive relationships with clients. The result is a unique, professional law firm. Our highly-motivated and skilled professionals blend solid preparation, persuasion, and advocacy with sound business judgment to produce the satisfying results clients expect when choosing to work with our firm.
Role: Legal Assistant
Location: Santa Monica,
Apply for this job now.