Safehands Recruitment are urgently seeking Support Workers and Health Care Assistants with a minimum of 6 months' experience to work in Residential Care and Supported Living for our prestigious clients in Cheltenham and Gloucester.
You will be using your valuable skills and experience to deliver high quality care and support the daily lives of service users with physical and/or mental complex needs to help them achieve their maximum potential.
You will have the opportunity to broaden your horizons and work flexibly across the variety of different settings and locations we have on offer. These different settings include residential elderly/dementia care homes and supported living for adults with physical disabilities, learning difficulties, mental health and other related conditions. You get to pick exactly where you work according to your experience and what kind of care work you want to do.
We offer complete flexibility of shifts - you choose what you would like to work, all around your availability. Early, late and long day shifts are available as well as waking nights and sleep-ins both during the week and the weekend.
Responsibilities of a Support Worker:
- To support residents on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis
- To provide/assist with all aspects of personal care in line with CQC and care plans including washing, dressing, oral, toileting and feeding
- To administer medication
- To participate in activities
- To support with domestic duties and food preparation
- To support residents who can demonstrate physical and verbal Challenging Behaviour
Does this sound like you?
- A hard-working individual who delivers outstanding levels of care
- DBS on the update service? You could be fast tracked through our recruitment process today
- Minimum 6 months experience within Health and Social Care
- Full driving license and access to own vehicle is advantageous but not essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Aged 18 years and above
What we offer you:
- Excellent rates of pay from £9.25 to £10.25 per hour plus bank holiday enhancements and separate accrued holiday pay
- Flexible hours and care locations/settings
- Weekly pay
- Free Uniform
- Commitment to your ongoing development that will include all mandatory and additional training as required i.e. Medication Level 2, First Aid including CPR, Epilepsy and Restraint Training - all absolutely free!
- Refer a friend bonus
- 24/7 support from our friendly local recruitment team
If you're interested then we'd love to hear from you! Apply now or call Emily on 01242 505 415 for more information.
Safehands Recruitment is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all its employees to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.