Role: Assistant Project Manager
Contract Length: 12 Months
Location: Thurso, Dounreay, Scotland, Caithness
Salary: £300-350/day (umbrella)
Security Clearance: BPSS (Willing to undergo SC Clearance)
CV Deadline: 1st at 4pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
Vacancies have arisen within Strategic Programme Directorate for Assistant Project Managers to safely deliver multi-disciplinary tasks/projects. The Job Holder will provide support and assistance to the Project Manager in the development and implementation of projects that are included within the FCA(North) Decommissioning Programme.
- Support project management strategies, optimising plans to respond to changes when necessary.
- Assist in the production and maintenance of the Programme baseline.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to expedite safe project delivery.
- Monitor internal and contractor performance against safety, costs, programme and quality, identify deviations and recommend remedial actions as appropriate.
- Produce/co-ordinate Project Documentation including statement of requirements, safety documentation, DMRs, works control documentation and project reports.
- Prepare handover documentation and support project handover.
- Efficiently manage projects within the bounds of the safety case.
- Review and report on identified problems and incidents, establishing causes and identifying, recommending and implementing solutions.
- Liaise with works control centres to ensure timely supply of adequate resources both in the short and long term.
- Participate in site emergency exercises as required.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.
- Manage DSRL staff as a Line Manager.
- Management of contractor SSOW and works control process.
- Management of contract via CEMAR.
Desirable Aptitudes and Experience Required:
- HND in Science/Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
- 3 years Nuclear Industry experience
- 2 years contract management experience
- Understanding of the DSRL works control process
- Experience in developing SSOW
- Hold current qualification in CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme Course
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and planning skills
- Good general safety awareness
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to organise/co-ordinate staff/contract resources
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- A positive approach, self-motivated, assertive and ability to use initiative
- Awareness of contract types and structure and contractual process
- Good understanding of safety requirements and knowledge for both industrial and nuclear safety management
- Ability to carry out deputy Project Manager Duties
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on 0121 794 8181