Description Job Description:
The Leidos Innovations Center has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer to work in our Rancho Bernardo office in San Diego, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your experience to develop and produce advanced nuclear detection, radiography equipment, chemical and biological sensing instruments and satellite sensor systems. Emphasis is on research and development with activities ranging from support of early scientific research to transitioning products to production. This position will influence the initial design concepts and iterate on the designs all the way into production. First assignments will be developing complex PCBs for satellite based camera and communication systems but additional assignments may include designs for Bomb Squad and EOD technician x-ray imaging devices, novel 3d printing devices capable of creating structures out of pure diamond, and many more projects on the cutting edge of science and technology. Well-rounded candidates with a “do what needs to be done” attitude will excel in this environment.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Design, develop, integrate, and test all aspects of Printed Circuit Board (PCB) designs for Chemical, Biological, Radiation, Nuclear, and Space sensor systems.
- Perform PCB layout activities and oversee PCB fabrication activities.
- Collaborate in scientific research, engineering product development, and test activities. Contribute to design reviews and present designs for review.
- Work independently and use judgement to perform engineering task with uncertain and evolving requirements.
- Use judgment to perform technical troubleshooting and diagnosis of failed equipment and support root cause analysis.
- Perform data analysis and write technical reports.
This is you:
- B.S. degree or higher in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related field from an accredited college/university with 8+ years of relevant experience as an electrical engineer in an R&D environment. Masters’ degree or higher preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience with Altium Designer (preferred) or OrCAD for schematic capture and PCB layout for high-speed digital designs using large Xilinx and Microsemi FPGAs. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics, specifications, checklists, and work instructions.
- Experience working with cross-functional R&D development teams.
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision and an entrepreneurial approach to roles and responsibilities.
- <20% travel to customer sites as required.
- Well-organized, reliable, attention to detail, demonstrated personal initiative. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others. Good oral and written communication skills.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Demonstrated leadership of small technical teams and projects.
- Experience reviewing and documenting technical data packages for military products.
- Space qualified PCB design experience.
- High-speed PCB design experience with knowledge of differential signals, trace length matching, and routing topologies for DDR3 memory is a plus.
- Knowledge of signal integrity techniques. Experience with PCB analysis tools like HyperLynx is a plus.
- Xpedition or OrCAD Schematic Capture experience is a plus for collaboration activities.
- Breadth of experience in a complementary discipline like circuit design, FPGA design, or embedded software is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Eligible
EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:
$5000.00Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Electrical EngineeringPay Range: