Providence St. Mel School is an independent college preparatory Preschool-High School on Chicago's West Side. Since our beginnings in 1978, 100% of our graduates have been accepted to four-year colleges and universities. Please learn more about our school at #removed#
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Director of Admissions provides vision and leadership to the Admissions team to implement all aspects of recruitment and enrollment of new and returning students. The Director should demonstrate the ability to serve as an articulate spokesperson for the mission and values of the institution; possess organizational and interpersonal skills; database management; competency for analyzing recruitment-related data; assessing programming activities as part of a strategic enrollment planning initiative; and maintaining communications between the Providence St. Mel School, current parents, and prospective parents while supporting and promoting the Providence St. Mel mission.
- Works closely with the school President and Executive Chairman in the establishment and execution of a comprehensive admissions program to accommodate the short- and long-term program facility needs of the school.
- Develop and implement innovative an annual, detailed plan and budget describing recruitment measures, techniques, technology, and marketing/public relations activities to meet specific recruitment goals in a competitive environment for the upcoming year. Is responsible for all aspects of the recruitment program.
- Meet enrollment goals for assigned or targeted recruitment areas. Create new strategies to advance admissions and institutional efforts, as well as additional outreach opportunities via community organizations, church networks and alliances etc. for the purpose of student enrollment at Providence St. Mel School. Provide reports to enhance recruitment strategies, forecasting, and operational efficiency.
- Works with the Admissions Department, President, and Executive Chairman to maintain and improve an effective recruitment program that builds deeper relationships between the school and prospective parents.
- Supervises and manages day-to-day operations and activities of the admissions staff.
- Responds to all inquiries concerning admission to Providence St. Mel (phone/email/personal)
- Oversees preparation, maintenance execution, and publication of all communication strategies, materials, and public relations activities, with an emphasis on marketing strategies to prospective and admitted students, via print media, internet media, radio etc.
- Helps update and maintain social media for the school.
- Oversees the organization of events throughout the year, such as the Providence St. Mel Open Houses for prospective students, “Coffee chats” for prospective parents, and shadow days for prospective students. Assists with other departments’ events (i.e. graduation) as needed.
- Coordinates Lower School and Middle School admissions with the department chairs.Develop and maintain close working relationships with key lower/middle schools and community organizations. Travel on behalf of Providence St. Mel School for recruitment and other high school related events.
- Oversees the admissions testing program.
- Oversees the registration process.
- Arrange and conduct individual interviews with prospective Providence St. Mel School parents and students which include lower school, middle school, and high school candidates. Explain admission procedures, policies/discuss information, discuss scholarship and other pertinent information.
- Administers the prospective parent database.
- Oversees the maintenance of student medical records
- Creates and maintains departmental calendar of activities.
- Recruit, train, and direct alumni and parent volunteers and student ambassadors to assist with admissions efforts. (phone, person, email). Oversees the student ambassador program.
- Travel to off-site recruiting events and speak publicly to individuals/groups when necessary. Proficiently answer questions at various recruiting events.
- Represents Providence St. Mel at high school nights and other functions.
- Becomes active in and represents the school in professional, community and service organizations.
Bachelor's degree or higher required.
- Required: Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- A minimum of one year of professional work experience in marketing, public relations, sales, or similar professional work experience is preferred.
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred.
- Superior responsiveness and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
Please send your cover letter and resume by e-mail to Ms. Kathryn Dillon at #removed# Please put “Director of Admissions” in the subject line. Please do not send application materials by mail, and no phone or email inquiries.
Role: Director of Admissions
Apply for this job now.