Company: NJR RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £22,000 - £27,000 per annum
£23,000 - £27,000 plus benefits
Do you want to work for an expanding supplier to High Street retailers, working in their Toys team? We have a great opportunity for an experienced Buying Assistant or Assistant Buyer to join their team, based in amazing offices in Oldham.
Candidates will come from either a Retail or Supplier background and will have experience in one of the following categories:
- Health & Beauty
- Arts & Craft
As Buying Assistant / Assistant Buyer you will assist the team in the performance of their duties, including placing of orders and progressing the orders in line with expected delivery dates, having regular contact with suppliers, updating critical paths and liaising with other internal departments where necessary; whilst gain Market / Product awareness and competitor analysis particularly of the online market to ensure they offer the highest volume selling products in all categories they wish to enter.
- Source stock from a Far East supply base
- Expedite orders from suppliers to ensure stocks are supplied within agreed service levels.
- Manage stocks to ensure availability is in line with business targets.
- Forecast usage of stocked items in liaison with key customers and internal sales team and ensure timely purchase.
- Creating POs on internal systems and checking invoices and packing lists. Setting up and managing supplier and product folders, internal database and general administration required for the buyer.
- Assist the Buyer to ensure Marketing are correctly briefed re new items and that content is accurate
- Update costing sheets and pass to buyers for sign off.
- Update range plans where necessary / maintain range plans.
- Manage sample intake & shipment.
Apply online or for further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting reference number: NJR13133